Search the forum,

Discuss Understanding DHW Cirulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I trying to understand some settings or the way circulation pumps work.
I recently had my Vaillant ecoTEC plus 637 fitted in my loft with a megaflo tempest tank. To control it all I'm using a sesoComfort wifi device or the app.

Now there are settings for planning CH and DHW. There is also a Circulation pump planner.
Okay,
1) Do circulation pumps have anything to do with DHW?
if so ..
2) Should my circulation pump allow for DHW to remain hot through the pipes (so when I switch on the water I'm not running a few litres before hot water comes out)
3) The circulation pump planner should that match the hot water planner?
3) Does the circulation improve the CH?
I know this might sound like very easy and quick questions but I'm trying to establish the best settings for my whole system especially as we approach the colder months.

Thank you all in advance

Some pics of the boiler/hot water cylinder pipework would help us answer.

Circulators can be heating or hot water return. In your case I doubt heating as your boiler pump will do the job.

I haven’t used your controls before but if we assume that the circulation pump planner is for a secondary return pump, yes it reduces lag at each outlet/reduces wasted cold water.

Does your hot water cylinder have a secondary return connected with a pump on it?

The planner doesn’t have to match the hot water schedule and I’d advise against it. If no one is typically in the house, you’re just pumping water/wasting electric for no gain.

Typically, I’d set the recirc pump for periods of demand (morning/evening showers/dinner time washing up).

If it is a hot water return circ pump, it has no impact on the heating.

Reply to Understanding DHW Cirulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock