Search the forum,

Discuss Underground lpg gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi
Got to put some lpg gas pipe underground and just weighing up mdpe gas pipe versus Tracpipe, just seen the cost of Tracpipe wow!!!
Only thing is it seems that the Tracpipe is going to be better to bend for when I connect abouts ground, I see the mdpe has electrofused joints which I wouldn't have a clue how to do so will leave that, has anyone used mdpe before for gas and how did you go on?
At the minute the safest bet looks to use the Tracpipe but it's extremely expensive.
Thanks for any advice

Have a look at gastite and if your doing elec fusion joints there's a separate qualification ;)

Any reason why you cant use coated copper ! if price of TracPipe is to expensive !

Bring it up in a hockey stick and then use a transition coupling.
Why are you needing to bend it tight?

How much are you going underground you can buy tracpipe in 5m or 10m kits, i had to run a LPG pipe underground through 4 inch ducting and i used tracpipe 5m installation kit came with fittings for both ends cost me ÂŁ80 and done within 15 mintues

Copper potentially get crushed underground even if coated. Make sure to lay at correct depth for foot or road traffic as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underground lpg gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Just to be really clear I will not be doing any of the work mentioned below. This will all be carried out by Gas Safe Engineers. I'm looking to...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to...
Replies
Views
Found an old capped off pipe when we removed the kitchen cupboards. Can anyone help advise how to get it removed? Please no guess work I can do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock