Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Thermostat Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys
Hoping someone could take a quick look at the attached photos and advise if this is an OK setup. I've moved into a house that was built 20 years ago and has wet underfloor installed. I had a few issues at first with some of the zones getting too hot. The actuator heads on some of the zones wouldn't fully close the valves. Since they were 20 years old I changed all the heads and that solved the problem. My thoughts have now turned to the thermostat on the 3 way valve which I believe allows hot water into the loop. I'm a plumbing novice so I don't know if this is an good setup or not. There is a Danfoss Ravi thermostat head with a probe which is attached to the return manifold. I've heard underfloor should run at around 45 degrees on the flow side (Screed floors) however mine seems to be 60 degrees plus. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I have the thermostat turned down to one which should mean it's closing around 43 degrees.
underfloor1.jpg
underfloor 2.jpg

Get an independant thermometer to make sure the two pipe thermometers are reading correctly. If they're ok then change the head and probe.

Get an independant thermometer to make sure the two pipe thermometers are reading correctly. If they're ok then change the head and probe.
Hi Simon, thanks for that. Is it correct that the probe is on the return manifold? It seems to me that the return is unlikely to reach a high enough temperature to ever close the thermostat. The lowest temperature it closes at is 43 degrees. Should I not be aiming for around 45 degrees on the flow manifold and around 30 on the return. So saying all that should the probe not be on the flow manifold?

As I say I’m a bit of a novice who is trying to get his head around ufh, sorry if I’m talking nonsense!

Last edited:

Reply to Underfloor Thermostat Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct actuators, which they are. the cupboard where the UFH system is gets hot when I turn up the thermostats in one or all zones. The boiler is coming on but the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock