Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss TRV's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I use Danfoss RASC2 or Drayton. In my experience like all things you get what you pay for.

I've used em for a while mate and had no bother at all! It's the gen2 ones out now!

Are bulldogs anygood, mainly use Draytons but getting very expensive?

Bulldogs made by Peglar, but don't think they are what they used to be!

Customer wants a quality job, use Drayton TRV4's or mid range job use Graham's own all Alltech made by Altechnic, fitted hundreds without a single issue, liquid filled rather than wax too.

I like Pegler Terrier myself.

Only use the bulldog valves, no issues and have just swapped to the gen 2.

it's hard to get better than the danfoss rasc, been using them for years, never have any problems with them, always buy the 8/10mm valves and you'll get 2 reducers for free :smug:

I liked the Peglers Terrier TRVs as they are neat & have colours for different temperature setting, but had the odd one fail in a year or two - they wouldn't shut off. They got expensive too. The Peglers Bulldogs I like, but I think they use the same body!
Danfoss TRVs are perhaps very good, but odd bodies with few threads for nuts & the pipe doesn't go in same depth are most valves.
Mistral TRVs can come with a lock shield valve in a box & are very cheap. Seem to be reasonable.

My local builder/plumb ctr has recently been taken over by Jewsons who sell the Altecnic brand of trv, opened 4 boxes in the branch and all of the trv heads were badly scratched.

I then tried the drayton traditional valve 9.50 plus vat nice valve but no service cap.

I prefer the bulldog with service cap and lockshield for £11 plus never had a problem with them, used them for about 6/7 years now.

Bulldog should be about £7/8 depending on quantity bought iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock