Discuss Trvs horizontally, locksheilds? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I want to fit some trvs horizontally. Can you also with the locksheilds that way?

In theory, it is better to mount TRVs horizontally so the head is not directly above hot pipework and so gets a better sample the room air temperature. On the other hand, a horizontal head is more vulnerable to damage by being bashed by the occupants.

In practice, TRV's are not exactly precision devices regardless of whether they are horizontal or vertical.

Reply to Trvs horizontally, locksheilds? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour...
Replies
Views
I'm redecorating the front room and have found one of the radiator trv leaking when adjusted, so I have decided to replace the trvs on all three...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Back