Search the forum,

Discuss TRV's & Boiler+ (Boiler Plus) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Evening All!

I am having a thick moment. Again.

What does boiler+ say about installing TRVs when swapping a boiler?

I have heard some say that you (always) need to fit TRVs when swapping a boiler. Others say that you dont now don't need TRVs with the uprated Boiler+ controls.

Any thoughts?

J

If your only changing the boiler then trvs are only a recomendation. If changing the boiler and radiators then they are required.

If your only changing the boiler then trvs are only a recomendation. If changing the boiler and radiators then they are required.

still only recommended even when your doing a new system

Evening All!

I am having a thick moment. Again.

What does boiler+ say about installing TRVs when swapping a boiler?

I have heard some say that you (always) need to fit TRVs when swapping a boiler. Others say that you dont now don't need TRVs with the uprated Boiler+ controls.

Any thoughts?

J

My understanding is boiler plus relates to the boiler only, whereas TRVs fall under domestic building compliance guide.

still only recommended even when your doing a new system

Screenshot_20190624-214731_Drive.jpg

Only reccomended on boiler replacement only. New system but keeping existing pipework requires trvs.

Still only recommended table heading

Recommend minimum standards

Reply to TRV's & Boiler+ (Boiler Plus) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock