Discuss TRv's and plinth heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Markym4rk

I have 2 radiators in my kitchen which both have TRV's fitted.
I need to replace 1 of the radiators and purchased a hydronic plinth heater which will activate when ever the central heating reaches 40deg.

My question is how do i control the heat output from the heater as there is no obvious place to fit the TRV.
Can i pipe the heater in series with the 1 remaining radiator so the TRV on the radiator would control the flow of heating water to the radiator and heater?

Thank You

you need a thermostat control in your room to turn your plinth heater on and off. Have a word with an electrician.

Don't run in series - you might as well remove the other radiator as do this.

You might get away with fitting an inline TRV with remote sensor connected by a long capillary so you can put the sensor elsewhere in the room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRv's and plinth heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock