Discuss TRV and Manual Systems Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Holly2011

Hi All,
I have recently had my central heating radiators and a new boiler put in. I have added 1 extra radiator to my original heatging system by buying a tall vertical period style column radiator. I need to buy the angled radiator valves but I read in one of the posts here that it's now a requirement that all radiators have TRV. I want to buy a crosshead style valve (the ones that look like taps) but on looking at the details I saw this was manual and not thermostatic. My question is:

1-Does anyone know where I can get a matching crosshead TRV that I can fit on a column radiator?

2- In the room the column radiator is in there is already an existing radiators which will have a TRV, will it matter if manual valves are put on the colum radiator if I can't find the style I want in the TRV style? Would there be any implications? what would you all reccommend?

3-What have others chose in this situation?

Kindest Regards Holly

If it's your own house I would please yourself as far as rad valves go.

If your desperate to comply with the regs you could use your cross heads on the rads and fit a inline trv with a remote sensor on the pipework under the floor but i wouldnt worry to much

When I had my towel rail radiator fitted I didn't want a trv on it. So didn't have one fitted. It is one place where I don't mind wasted heat Especially as the storage tanks are above it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV and Manual Systems Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock