Discuss triton t80z had for 2.5 years now no hot water, low pressure light comes on when turn on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Blimey thats 45,000 litres of water maybe more all heated up from cold ..45 ton of water
The Uk Cruelty to Triton Showers Association have been informed ..expect a visit by an inspector. Just bang another on and send Triton a msg. they might give you a new one FOC
on this performance as its a great advert esp.in a limescale area .
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
God knows how many Kw you have gobbled up and at what cost
ahhhh maybe someone else on UKPF can hazzard a guess, maybe later ..its Friday and M6 is beckoning uck

More useless? info.
A 9.5 kw shower running for 25 mins/day, (5per.x5min shower) with a flow rate of 4.5 LPM giving a showering temperature of 40C from 10C will use 41,000 litres of water and consume 1,445 kwh. (per annum)

More useless? info.
A 9.5 kw shower running for 25 mins/day, (5per.x5min shower) with a flow rate of 4.5 LPM giving a showering temperature of 40C from 10C will use 41,000 litres of water and consume 1,445 kwh. (per annum)
Thats a great start thank you , so its 41 tons of water and 1,445 kw per year I will have to look out my utility bills over the weekend , we all know nat gas is cheaper but this is stacking up scary ...centralheatking...so we are heading into the real price of using an electric shower ...lecky and water inc.. intresting thank you
I suppose its sell ur wife and daughter time because they use up water and heat...boys are generally smelly god knows I have 4boy
my of my own then 4 step boys and 2 step daughters and ...it runs on ...its the women that cost money except when the boys crash the cars whuch is often I should have got a big tv years ago ..chking

Last edited:
Yes but electric showers by their very nature are mean and lean because they are instantaneous water heaters so the maximum comfortable shower temperature flow rate is dictated to by their power, ironically one can have a measly 2 or 3 kw immersion heating a HW cylinder over a long period and then have a power shower flowing anything between 10 and 20 LPM, oil or gas boilers can of course heat the water as well at ~ 1/3rd cost but the operating cost per unit of time for a electric shower flowing 4.5 LPM is very similar to a gas/oil fired boiler heated power shower flowing 12/13 LPM., of course we all know which shower children/teenagers would choose.

You might be interested in a few very simple calculations that i have carried around in my head for decades now for energy usage etc.

From Flow:
Kwh = LPM x 60 x deltaT / 860 or any variation of this.

From volume:
Kwh = Litres x deltaT /860.

Thats a great start thank you , so its 41 tons of water and 1,445 kw per year I will have to look out my utility bills over the weekend , we all know nat gas is cheaper but this is stacking up scary ...centralheatking...so we are heading into the real price of using an electric shower ...lecky and water inc.. intresting thank you
I suppose its sell ur wife and daughter time because they use up water and heat...boys are generally smelly god knows I have 4boy
my of my own then 4 step boys and 2 step daughters and ...it runs on ...its the women that cost money except when the boys crash the cars whuch is often I should have got a big tv years ago ..chking
So roughly calculated this is costing inc. water £400 per year...or you have to earn £600 to pay tax. centralheatking

Yes, and that's only assuming 23 LPD/person@40C, the "average" medium user is ~ 50 if the attachment is anything to go by.

Attachments

• Hot Water Consumption.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks John. I removed the hose and shower head, the low pressure light turns on briefly then goes out yet the water does not get hot on either power setting ( I believe the low pressure light being on earlier was due to the washing machine being on aswell) the water is not coming out at any great pressure so I suspect the heating element is scaled up or blown somehow...I'm gonna replace the unit tomorrow and post on here how it went .
Thanks all, apologies for late reply, bought new unit and works a treat. Will test old at later date as multimeter packed up....re. cost calculations, will put Mrs and kids on eBay later ;-)

Reply to triton t80z had for 2.5 years now no hot water, low pressure light comes on when turn on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock