Search the forum,

Discuss Triton shower stuck on max flow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I need advice about diagnosing why our Triton shower is stuck on max flow, with the flow control dial not responding, please.

It switched on/off ok with no leaks. The filters were clear, but there is a lot of black spot inside the whole unit. Temperature is also good

It's a Triton IPS Thermo Satin, Code: TDPS200TSAT

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20210826_122815274.jpg
    PXL_20210826_122815274.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 20
I didn't get a good look at the brushes but I might replace them anyway. I'm beginning to think it is the component attached to the back of the flow dial that might be the issue, which sits on top of the motor. Both this and the temperature control connect to a single connector plug and then into the circuit board but only the flow is affected.

Can’t agree I’m afraid, that black dust is from the carbon brushes wearing against the commutator.
Thank you for at least explaining, I’m still learning certain aspects of the trade (Hence the username). Some would just click disagree and leave it there.👍🏻 These bushes, are they true on any type of electric shower, or just the aforementioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Carbon brushes are a common way to maintain electrical supply to a motor as it spins (imagine wires would get tangled pretty quick!).

As such they are in box pump showers such as this, what we call a “power shower”.
But not in an “electric shower” which heats its own water has no pump ( ok, I know a couple of them do have pumps but it’s not common).

Unfortunately the terms electric and power shower are often confused by customers.

Incidentally drills etc also have carbon brushes and very often when your drill dies it in fact can be resurrected for £3 worth of carbon brushes rather than thrown away. I did this last week with my Makita cordless , saving about £250!

The problem is likely either the potentiometer on the front panel, or the PCB.
You might try turning off the power and then removing the PCB to check if anything looks 'burnt' on it - but there might be no visible signs even if it has failed.

It seems Triton have stopped supporting this model, and the above parts are shown as not available now.

There's always the ebay route Triton PCB Unit Assembly - Part 7072177 ( Aquatronic, AS2000X, AS2000XT, etc ) | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334104376977
(check this is the right one!)

Reply to Triton shower stuck on max flow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock