Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called out to a customer with a Trianco TRO 12-14 boiler, has been cutting out.

Burner is the old "upside down" Bentone electro oil type

Did the usual service and tried to fire it up. Smoke high. Opened air plate to get smoke down. CO2 to about 6%, but Carbon Monoxide at over 1,000ppm. Methinks blocked flue. Customer hasn't had the flue swept for years. Flue swept with loads of soot coming out. Baffles in good order.

Come back to try again, hardly any difference. Crazy CO reading again (air inlet fully open). 0.50 80 EH nozzle and the pump pressure is set at 100psi as per instructions. Noticed that the flame is oscillating, causing the ignition to fire periodically.

Trianco suggested that oil may be leaking from the back of the nozzle. Wrapped PTFE round the nozzle and defnitely no oil leak. Stumped now. My feeling is that it could be the pump (re the oscillating flame). Before I rush out and get a new pump, what does anyone else think?

[.

If the oil pressure guage stays steady on 100psi while the pumpis running it should be ok. I would check that the ffd can sense the flame, is it clean, have you cleaned the blast tube. the other things that will cuase sooting is blocked flue or ***bustion chamber, or restricted air intake, have you fitted the baffle plates correctly and renewed the nozzle?

Is the blast tube set at the correct distance?

And one I found just the other day (but the CO reading makes it a little irrelevant) ... presumably your analyser is in far enough? (I could only achieve around 6% CO2 until I pushed the probe in further!!)

New nozzle, baffle plates replaced correctly, clean blast tube and distances set correctly, no restrictions to airflow, probe fully into test point (I drilled a hole in the flue just to be certain and no difference.

Trianco tech support said it will be a failing motor. In any case customer has decided to replace the boiler now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock