Discuss Trianco Aztec 11kw Electric Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Interested on peoples thoughts on the above product or similar. Proposed oil installation has just been turned into an electric one.

Simon

Electric flow boiler. AKA Amptec. Fitted 3 of them, 2 x 9kw versions and 1x 6kw. Only ever problem is where 1 burned out something that cost about a tenner (can't remember what it was but easily diagnosed and fixed). Earliest in for 10+ years. No servicing No nothing. Quite expensive to run but they do the job.

should ask an electrician about this one my electrician is not in favour of them because of the amount of electric required to run them, he says there are times when there will not be enough power to run them properly. 24kw plus all the electric in the house seems to be a big demand.

Thats exactly what I thought, was also concerned with heat up time. In the installation manual online it asks for a minimum supply of greater or equal to 100 amps. Waiting a response from their electrician, especially on how he will stop them using the electric shower when the heating is on.

Thats exactly what I thought, was also concerned with heat up time. In the installation manual online it asks for a minimum supply of greater or equal to 100 amps. Waiting a response from their electrician, especially on how he will stop them using the electric shower when the heating is on.

If the load is a problem due to other electrical items they are wired through a contactor or relay. Any competent electrician will know how it is done. Usually up to an 11kw can be run on a normal supply. This needs checked of course and the supply may need upgrading. An electrician is essential to calculate the load and wire these up.

Heat up times are similar to anything else the same rating.
They work on a S or Y plan with a cylinder and work best in well insulated homes.
Electricians will get to know them better in a few years, like them or not, as we are forced away from gas. Electric will be used more in the future even if it is a lot more expensive to run.

There are a few different types of electric boilers. Most are flow boilers but you can get combis although they don't work like a gas combi (they are really thermal stores).
The flow boilers are the cheapest to buy but the most expensive to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Aztec 11kw Electric Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock