Search the forum,

Discuss Transit Custom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone got one of these? Interested in getting one, they've been out for a while now, anyone heard any horror stories about them?

I have. Had it since 22nd September. Put 1,500 miles on it last week, we bonded.

It's an incredibly comfortable drive. I've had no problems. I'm not a gear head so I can't tell you much more than that.

A builder I know has had one a few months, he's as happy as larry with it.

Think it will take time for any issues to become clear.

Issues with fuel filler and bluetooth so google transit custom problems.

I know about the fuel filler problem and the mic problem if you mean that? Think they sorted the fuel filler problem though

No problems with the fuel filler. The Mic is poor now I think of it, there's no way to adjust the Mic volume unfortunately.

Once paired i don't think you can unpair on the transit, i think its a dealer reset or something.

Once paired i don't think you can unpair on the transit, i think its a dealer reset or something.

I think you can. I'll look tomorrow. Had 2 meetings today. One in Waterford and t other in Limerick. 500 mile round trip. Eyes are burning.......

They're very shiny.

Mine isn't at the minute. I washed her a week ago on Sunday and now she's got 2,000 miles worth of road grime on her. Couldn't be arsed to wash her this weekend.....

For a second I thought ye said 1 in Watford then 1 in Limerick. Now that would b a spin!!

Have had mine 2 months, and I love it almost as much as I love my kids. Lovely to drive only downside is I never want to get out and do any work

Thanks everyone, I think I might end up getting one in the next few weeks hopefully.

Actually saw a M reg one today all hand painted Grey, probably to hide the rust n welds.

lol, I wonder if ford have learnt from their mistakes, the older transits including the mk7's rusted terribly compared to vivaros and a few others excluding the vitos. Im sure only time will tell if the customs have been galvanised.

I think I get around 500 miles for ÂŁ90, and that's the opposite to motorway driving, all towns and london mostly

We have about 150 of the new custom on the road at the moment with my company Early issues were chafing wiring to airbag causing fire. 1 went up I believe in the uk and burnt out, That was resolved by a recall of early affected models. Bonnet catches failing stopping you opening the bonnet with the key. We had a few do this, then the fuel filler thing but other than that they are meant to be a really good van to drive.

My 11 plate transit get changed for a new custom in Feb so can't wait as mine is rusting all over the place, the fit of the old transit is terrible. My drivers door hits the wing when open and has worn all the paint off and rusted, inside the side door runner has rusted badly as well. When I had a look over the custom the finish is far better. More like a car

Last edited by a moderator:
If your tall theres not much space in the front.
They are more refined than old outgoing model.
My mate has just got the 2.2 stop start
He says economy is on par with his old 2.0 so no real improvement there according to him with his typical day.

I prefer my dispatch.

If your tall theres not much space in the front.
They are more refined than old outgoing model.
He says economy is on par with his old 2.0 so no real improvement there according to him with his typical day.

I prefer my dispatch.

You know there french right?

Lol.
I dont care where it comes from so long as its reliable [emoji12]

That's pretty crap, especially with the stop start. What sort of mpg figures is he getting then?

Well he does about 8 to 10 service calls a day within maybe 40 mile total.

On that basis he says he hasnt noticed any discernible difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Transit Custom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock