Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi mohammed

did you do this course with training 4 trades atl if so how did you feel about the and are they any good
Hello Bobby

I have completed my C&G 6129 Technical Certificate in Basic Plumbing Studies Level 2. I will be progressing onto C&G NVQ Diploma in Plumbing & Domestic Heating Level 3 full-time 1 year. Yes, it is replacing the old 6129 Technical Certificate - It is a much better qualification and is the new one for those who want to either become a qualified plumber completing NVQ Level 2 & 6189 Diploma Level 2 or even Level 3 which will be more complex gas system etc.. to become Gas Safe Registered Plumber.

Hope this helps

Hi there

I was wondering if there is any1 on that would be able to help me as i have just past the aptitude test and really want to go for this?
But ive been reading over the forum and its really negative comments is there any1 with good feedback? and who has had good time with ATL training 4 trades? thanks mohammed for your comments would love to hear about how you have been getting on and how you think the course is

Hello mate,

No I haven't done my C&G 6129 Technical Certificates Level 2. I have achieve it at The Oldham College 1 year. Yes you will end up with 6189 certificate. But to do the NVQ you will have to be working with a qualified plumber.

Hi mate

Thanks for the help the guy i was speaking 2 says they would get me a placement but i would need 2 work for free?? is this true and why did you not tick with training for trades??? did you have trouble with them ???

Hello again,

I honestly don't have a any idea about working free :/ Also I never went to Train 4 Trade Skills. I honstly don't believe that they will allow you to work towards your NVQ for free (I've phoned many training centres and they cost money £2,000) I would definetly pay an employer to take you on as an apprentice if you can). Anway, how much money are you paying to achieve the C&G 6189 Diploma in Plumbing & Domestic Heating Level 2 or 3.

Hello again,

I honestly don't have a any idea about working free :/ Also I never went to Train 4 Trade Skills. I honstly don't believe that they will allow you to work towards your NVQ for free (I've phoned many training centres and they cost money £2,000) I would definetly pay an employer to take you on as an apprentice if you can). Anway, how much money are you paying to achieve the C&G 6189 Diploma in Plumbing & Domestic Heating Level 2 or 3.

Hi mohammed

I am paying a contribution fee of £32 pounds a week over 3 years? but they also say that the get private funding of £5600 for any 1 that complets the course and doesn't drop out after they get they're level 2,??? But i also have to pay £100 pounds up front for to regester withC&G??? i'm a little but iffy of the course as i dont want to spend all that money and not get the full diploma at the finish!!! Do you have any advice? thanks again

Hi

It all depends on your age, how old are you ?

The only advice which I can give you is to do what I am going to do. I don't believe in training centers, to be a good plumber 1/2 years working alone side an experience plumber is required. If your going to spend money like that, why don't you look for a self-employer plumber and pay him, but don't tell the college.

This is what I am doing within the next one or two years:

I have already completed my C&G 6129 Basic Plumbing Studies Level 2, I am in the process of waiting to start my C&G 6189 Diploma in Plumbing & Domestic Heating Level 3. Whiles I am working towards my Level 3, I'm hoping by September I have a car - I am going to registered with TomKat Gas Training which provide the NVQ's Level 2 first & then Level 3 (ACS Gas Accreditation). Yes this is a training center, but one which they are not after money, their aim is to get you qualified Gas Safe registered plumber which should take two years on site.

Hi

It all depends on your age, how old are you ?

The only advice which I can give you is to do what I am going to do. I don't believe in training centers, to be a good plumber 1/2 years working alone side an experience plumber is required. If your going to spend money like that, why don't you look for a self-employer plumber and pay him, but don't tell the college.

This is what I am doing within the next one or two years:

I have already completed my C&G 6129 Basic Plumbing Studies Level 2, I am in the process of waiting to start my C&G 6189 Diploma in Plumbing & Domestic Heating Level 3. Whiles I am working towards my Level 3, I'm hoping by September I have a car - I am going to registered with TomKat Gas Training which provide the NVQ's Level 2 first & then Level 3 (ACS Gas Accreditation). Yes this is a training center, but one which they are not after money, their aim is to get you qualified Gas Safe registered plumber which should take two years on site.

Hi again

I'm 29, do you have to do the the C&G 6129 before you go forward and go for the C&G 6189? i thought you done the C&G 6189 level 2&3. I think I'm going to try the college route myself, There are to many if's and buts about the ATL train 4trade!!! So after you do your first year at college do you need a work placement to get your full C&G 6189level 2, as i was told you only get SVQ's from the college??

I am looking into a quick course including T4TS and I am reading a lot of negativity of these type of courses (across several threads) and there is no doubt that they are not equal to an apprenticeship that lasts several years but not everybody can get an apprenticeship or into a local college and therefore these are a real alternative to allow people to get their foot into the door. I think it is easy for people to criticise but sometimes people have no other choice if they want a career as a plumber. I live in London and I can tell you that whenever I need a plumber they charge a small fortune... up to £500 per day and therefore the more people we can get in this industry to increase competition, pull down the price, and improve the customer service skills for the consumer the better!

i agree mate im doing the t4ts course and it great the only let down i find is waiting for the modules to be marked but apart from that it in depth and going on my first 2 week practical on 24th september

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock