Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I will say again STAY AWAY FROM T4TS Save your cash and go to a local college and do evening classes - You pay a third of what T4TS charge and give you REAL qualifications not the phony ones they issue and claim they can get you work when they can't. Most companies wont accept your claims of being qualified. As a previous post said: Every building is different and the online tests count for nothing when it comes to working on a proper site.

Once again I will say again STAY AWAY FROM T4TS Save your cash and go to a local college and do evening classes - You pay a third of what T4TS charge and give you REAL qualifications not the phony ones they issue and claim they can get you work when they can't. Most companies wont accept your claims of being qualified. As a previous post said: Every building is different and the online tests count for nothing when it comes to working on a proper site.

After the research I did, I plan to do just that.
Thanks guys!
Gaisa

Hi all, i'm new here and as you may be able to gather......after some advice. Last night i signed up to the t4t renewable energy coarse which obviously includes doing your plumbing qualifications first among others. The guy that came to my house (salesman if you like) i've got to be honest, i had no problem with him. Yes there was the odd bit here and there that was see through but in general there wasn't a smell of bull crap in the room as you'd expect having read a lot of other posts on this thread. Maybe they've changed their ways or i just got a good un'? i don't know.
This however isn't my gripe i'm just putting you in the picture, I appreicate that the coarse is expensive, this i understand and have no problem with, and the whole getting a job at the end bit doesn't bother me either as i've been self employed for 13 years in the construction industry. The thing that bothers me is that i've read in this thread about the qualifications "not being worth the paper there printed on". THIS set alarm bells ringing as i don't fully understand the qualifications to get into this industry. I was assured by the T4T rep that they were industry recognised qualifications "City and Guilds, NAPIT and MCS Acreditation". TBH i have no reason to suspect otherwise BUT i'd like to hear from others on here and why they were so upset with the coarse offered to them and also from people who have recent experience of being on the coarse. To summarise, basicly i need to know if theres something that i've missed before my 7 day cooling off period expires. Thankyou very much for reading and any help would be gratfully appreciated.

beware, there are many C&G's quals and other awarding bodies that are recognised bodies, but they offer many quals. there are basic plumb C&G quals that will not mean you are a qualified plumber!

Not only that, you can get the L2 qualifications through college evening courses, for MUCH less than the amount they want (I think it was in the region of £800, but don't quote me on that). They are nothing more than sales reps and they are after a MASSIVE commission.
If you look, I believe you can even do the L3, including part-p etc, which will be the same equivalent of what they're offering, biggest difference is value for money. You get the qualifications they're offering, without the lies and the extortionate rates.
Gaisa

Hi and thanks for the replies, the qualifications i'll be working towards are; nvq l2 city & guilds 6189 plumbing, BPEC and city & guilds 2399 part p (defined scope) domestic electrical qualification and then there are other 'domestic renewable energy engineer' modules incorporating harvested & graywater, air & ground source pumps, solar thermal hot water systems that i believe are 'mcs' qualifications.
I kind of like the way that this coarse works studying from home, it suits me personally, i can see how others are against it but each to their own opinion. My main concern is the qualifications, if i wanted to just do plumbing could i? I know that i can't do any gas and i plan to incorporate that at a later date. Again any help is very much appreciated

From what I understand, you could do so as a self employed plumber, but most companies would reject those kinds of qualifications.
That's why I'm looking the way of evening courses at a local college; the qualifications would be similar, if not identical to those they offer, but MUCH cheaper.
As for the software they use, I think a good search online would produce similar, if not better programs.
Gaisa

Anyone else got an opinion, I'd love to hear from someone who has finished the coarse. And why would an employer reject industry recognised qualifications?

why would an employer reject industry recognised qualifications?

I am an employer. I loose track of C&G numbers and to tell you the truth i am not interested in them. C&G are a recognised certification body but they have split the quals up so much to offer meaningless foot in the door certificates that they are meaningless to me.
The only qual i require is (S)(N)VQ3 with a full apprenticeship and cv of prior experience. Anything else is irrelevant to me and i am not alone in my thinking.
Hence when you do a fast track you will struggle severely to be employed.
I'm just being honest but do what you feel is right for you.

Its not the qualifications, so much as the experience; those who use such courses aren't held in as high a regard as those who went through the full college course and apprenticeships. That's why its easier for those who take the courses and college courses you and I are looking at, tend to go into self employed vocations, but be warned, the rep lied about the shortages, yes, plumbers are always needed, but its nowhere near as great as they claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock