Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
train for trade skills ( i need serious help)

iv been doing this course for some time now and havnt paid much attention to it as have been struggling to find a job to pay for it etc. i have recently managed to grab a part time job at argos and iv been reading up on reviews and have massive doubts about the course as it seems i wont even be able to have the qualifications to get employed.
i want to get my money back but whats the best way to go about this?
and i do definatley want to be a plumber and whats the best way froward once iv shrugged this mess off?

Re: train for trade skills ( i need serious help)

When did u sign up for it mate

Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

Hi there,

Just to confirm, did you after signing the agreement receive a 2nd copy of the contract with the cancellation rights?
From CDF?
If not you really need to contact them requesting they send this to you (Trading Standards will be able to help, or I can send you a copy of the letter they gave to me , msg me your email address on here), they'll respond stating that they sent it, however what you need to request is a proof of posting. Their word won't be accepted. As they won't provide this you'll have to contact the financial ombudsman.
As myself, and other people online that I've spoken to, only received the copy giving to them by the saleaman.
This may get you out of the contract, you'll still owe train for trade the money but it'll cut out the middle man.

I was lied to when I purchased the course which is why I was so willing to take this to court... As he did tell me that the course was in 3 parts and that I could cancel after the first part. I found out that he'd made an additional box on my contract, ticked it and wrote DB next to it, which stood for domestic plumbing... So when i queried they stated that I was only signed up for the first part.

I'm fortunately out of the credit contract now and am going to contact T4T to see how it stands with them.

iv bin with train for trade skills a while now and have only just seen these posts... im a bit gutted obviously thinking im going to become a fully qualified plumber... i know now that i was very gullable, but i really need to know how i get out of this.
it was a bloke called bernie that came round and introduced me to it all
he told me i'd become a fully qualified plumber and would get employed easily with any plumbing company once i'd finished the course.
after reading some of these reviews it kind of appears that this was all bull**it.
im signed up to a company called CDF but its gone through to a debt company as i was unemployed at the tym and i missed a couple of payments strugglin to get the cash together.
does anyone know how to get these idiots off my back and out of my life?

Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

try to remember what he told you,do you have it in writing.if he told you there were 30,000 plumbing jobs available in uk he lied ,if he told you,you would be a fully trained plumber with just a few weeks training he missled you ,you should claim you were sold a course not fit for purpose,i would like to know how many fast track plumbers find themselves having paid for expencive training and unable to find employment.some of these companies claim 100% trainee pass but to what standerd

train4tradeskills qualifications

Currently just started my train4tradeskills course, now im not sure whether you just get city and guilds level 3, or nvq level 3? anyone know if your nvq's are included? as it doesn't really explain it properly.

When did u sign up for it mate
i joined up think it was september 08 but put me down for november or somethin cnt remember why tho think it was cuz i wasnt 18 yet.

NO CHANCE!
take what youve got and make the most of it as you can and paid for.
you can stop payments but they will recover them from you so just get your head down and since your not working now, claim your a student any extra could help pay for it?.

Hi there, am on a course with T4TS myself. I expect your on the 6128. Which is what they signed me up for. This does not lead to a plumbing NVQ but a Heating and vent NVQ. Write to train for trade skills and request a transfer to the 6129 course which IS plumbing studies and will give you the qualifications to achieve a PLUMBING NVQ. Hope this is some help. No course is as good as the experience you get from practicing your new skills. So find some willing friends and relatives that you can change some taps and things just to start you off. Also get yourself some decent Level 2 6129 plumbing studie books from amazon. The ones T4TS provide are pants!!!

When I tried to cancel with Train4Trade I found out that there were a few companies involved.
After I signed up in October 08, Watchdog were looking at Skillstrain. At the time I thought it was nothing to do with me as it covered ITcourses. The address for Skillstrain is the same as Train4Trade.
My case is sorted but anyone going to watchdog should check watchdog website and let them know it is same address.[/quote

Can U tell me what did U do to cancell this course?

hello i have just had my course cancelled only after telling them i was taking them to court and there experianced course adviser ( who is not a ECA but works for a promotional company ) because i was mis sold the course the ECA told me a pack of lies

Has anybody had the same problems as me with train4tradeskills there course adviser coming to your house telling you a load of lies to get you to sign up.then when you ask about going on your 1st practical you are told you have to pay £1000 first and then payed up in full before you can go on any more practicals.( i know my own fault i should have read the terms & condtions) also a 24 month course-35 month finance agreement ????????

never heard about anything like that i pay for my course by DD and have been told i can go on the practical whenever is good for me:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock