Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: train4 trade skills new starter

OK guy's, I was studying plumbing through PlumbingSkills and the Skills Centre (Cardiff) until they went belly up but because my practicals were held at ATL in Southampton, who have now taken over the admin side from PlumbingSkills and the Skill Centre aswell I have been transfered onto the Train4Trades course in order to continue my training.

I was booked in at ATL for the end of this month to do my third week, the Bpec WRAS Water Reg's but it got cancelled because of the switch over and I had to wait for the T4TS course work to arrive so they could assess my knowledge and Plumbing skill for inclusion onto the T4TS course.

Basically starting all over again.:(

The first course module arrived yesterday along with a couple cd/dvd's and instructions on how to access the online student website and the Tutor Team. The problem is, you are supposed to use your 'college number' as your username. The only numbers I have are my Student Ref Number and my C&G enrolment registration number neither of which the T4TS website recognise and you can't contact T4TS any other way at the weekend because their office hours are from Monday to Friday! Duh!:mad::(:confused:

Has anybody had the same problems as me with train4tradeskills there course adviser coming to your house telling you a load of lies to get you to sign up.then when you ask about going on your 1st practical you are told you have to pay £1000 first and then payed up in full before you can go on any more practicals.( i know my own fault i should have read the terms & condtions) also a 24 month course-35 month finance agreement ????????

if its trian 4 tradesskills check your t&c on the back of your enrollment form on what u have to pay before you go for practicals

hello i am in the same boat as you i have emailed bbc watchdog to see if they will take up the story of how t4t are ripping people off

dont use t4t they rip you off you have to pay£1000 before you go to your 1st practical and be fully paid up before you go on any others check there t&c

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: train 4 trade skills feedback.

They do get you a work placement for nvq test if u cant find one yourself but its not a permanent job

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

Can only assume you are replying to my posting but I am ALL PAID UP. PlumingSkill finance paid off.

Plumbob ATL sent me and all the student a list of local guest houses around Hedge End and the training centre, they varied in price. Practicals usually ran from 8 to 5 Mon to Fri.
Didn't need to book a guest house myself as I have a friend in Portsmouth who let me stop there for the week, thank God or I would be looking at £50 to £100 each visit plus travel costs getting there.
There were loads of guys from Wales on my training session so Midlands shouldn't be to out of the way and there were a lot of working Plumbers and Electrician turned up in their works vans on practicals and classroom sessions while I was there. Some working for firms and others had gone it alone.
The training I received there was good and passing the City&Guilds tests at the end of the week helped in building confidence, especially when the Certificates through the Post.
The practicals don't faze me in fact I look forward to them, I've already fit three bathroom suites, repaired a couple wc's, replaced leaking compression fittings with soldered joints, fit a couple kitchen sinks, plumbed in a dishwaher, drained and flushed radiators on a central heating system and fit a MagnaClean.
Make sure you buy your own JTL Plumbing books, they are invaluable, a pipe bender to practice at home and I can't remember who it was earlier but don't be put off by Summit Skills, they train school leavers at college and find some of them teaboy jobs with local Plumbers while they attend on day release. You get more practical training on real jobs in a 39Hr week on ATL plumbing practical than a school leaver attending college once a week.
Ps. Check out Learnatrade.co.uk How To Become A Plumber and their training aids and resources.
I think that will do for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have just enrolled with T4T Skills last week and if they deliver everything they say then it will be great. It was the 2nd time someone came to speak to, me from T4T, the 1st time the salesman was a c*ck but this time he was more down-to-earth. Out of all the courses I looked at, this seemed the best value and they seemed to include more in their courses than some of the other companies. They don't do an 8 or 12 week intensive course but it's a little more like college where you study over 12 - 36 months but at home instead of in the school and you attend practical sessions and assessments. Like this, I believe, you have a better chance of learning as and remembering everything rather than having everything thrown at you in 2 or 3 months.

The saleman form T4T claims that they will place you with a qualified plumber for e few days after each course so you can be assessed and get some real life experience, if you cannot find a job on your own. Whether this happens remains to be seen as with everything else but lets not pre-judge.

I know it won't be easy (the studying or the work) but everyone has to start somewhere and even when you have worked in the industry for 50 years, I am sure you still learn stuff. I was in the glazing trade for 10 years and I used to come up against new window systems that I had never seen before which means you have to work it our for yourself. That's the same when you start a new career except it happens more often but if you approach it in the right frame of mind, I am sure you can work it out.

Good luck to everyone.

good luck alan.your attitude to learning at a longer time frame will pay of for you.

Train4tradeskills NOT ANY USE IF YOU LIVE IN SCOTLAND. Salesman told me training in centre between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Told another scot, centre in Uddingston. Signed up as I could travel to pratical training. Nearest centre Featherstone near Leeds. No use if you cannot stay due to family/work commitments. Anyone else told centres in Scotland? so much for UK wide.

Thanks David, I hope so. I know there is no short cut to success and I aim to try and learn everything as thoroughly as possible and get a sound understanding of every aspect of Plumbing and Heating. Doing it over a longer period of time has go to be the best way I'm sure.

Cheers,

Train4tradeskills NOT ANY USE IF YOU LIVE IN SCOTLAND. Salesman told me training in centre between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Told another scot, centre in Uddingston. Signed up as I could travel to pratical training. Nearest centre Featherstone near Leeds. No use if you cannot stay due to family/work commitments. Anyone else told centres in Scotland? so much for UK wide.

YES! I was told it was at the same place and during my practicals i found a lot of people told the same thing.
A few people were staying at a campsite near featherstone and said that was cheap.

T4TS have let me down in too many ways to go into here but, I will say that alt featherstone were really good. The tutors have gone out of thier way to help. I have 2 of the tutors private email address at told that i can email them anytime for etra help.

Also there was a girl on the course from glasgow who is being given £300 a week travel expences to go to featherstone but, I believe she had a fight on her hands to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock