Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just looking to get some qualifications. I know your very basic plumbing from being an engineer on a boat. Really just want to be able to say i have these city and guilds then get some work experience. It's a shame these companies claim you can make anything from 40k to 100k. I just paid 600 for my bathroom to be ripped out and a new one to be put in. So I guess if you could do that 5 days a week you'd make your 100k easy. You'd have to be the luckiest plumber ever.

new builds a future source of work,and not to far into the future!!! the standard of work on a lot of these new builds is a disgrace .i allways tell my custermers you can have the job done quickly cheaply or you can have it done properly but not all three.

Well finally got the courage to speak to a guy I know that owns a builders merchant and runs a building company. Asked him if I can get some unpaid work on my week off and then hopefully he'll stick me on the courses and I said I'd even pay for them. So here's hoping I don't need to do the train for trade skills route. Will no doubt be on here picking brains a lot though

Well finally got the courage to speak to a guy I know that owns a builders merchant and runs a building company. Asked him if I can get some unpaid work on my week off and then hopefully he'll stick me on the courses and I said I'd even pay for them. So here's hoping I don't need to do the train for trade skills route. Will no doubt be on here picking brains a lot though

All the best mate

Hey all, im glad ive read this i just had the t4ts guy in today speaking to my mrs she is a mature student (36) in college on the pre-apprentice scqf level5 plumbing. we have big concerns that she wont find any employers to take her on to do the apprenticeship nvq diploma 2+3 (6189). we where thinking that t4ts was the best option for her as we live in the hihlands, and the guy sold it big time.

it doesnt take much research to find that the quals (6129) they are selling are entry level and no good to call yourself a qualified plumber CITY AND GUILDS website tells you that.

well cheers

I know this sounds bad, we've just had the t4t guy in for the second time. The first time I researched on the net and found all these threads, my husband kept him at the door for a while, giving him the cd back. But he managed to get in for another chat.

This is for the electrical course, wondered if anyone here has had any experience with that. Because it is harder to find anything on the electrical side as it is this.

I a left wondering what and how can we go about finding out any more info. Paul rang his mate who is a spark and he didn't know of them.

Any help here guys would mean so much for me.

I totally get that experience is everything, but there are so many bad people out there. Who do you trust, you know. We had such a bad experience with a plumber.... even some electritions.

Thanks to anyone that can help us.

Dawn and Paul.

I know this sounds bad, we've just had the t4t guy in for the second time. The first time I researched on the net and found all these threads, my husband kept him at the door for a while, giving him the cd back. But he managed to get in for another chat.

This is for the electrical course, wondered if anyone here has had any experience with that. Because it is harder to find anything on the electrical side as it is this.

I a left wondering what and how can we go about finding out any more info. Paul rang his mate who is a spark and he didn't know of them.

Any help here guys would mean so much for me.

I totally get that experience is everything, but there are so many bad people out there. Who do you trust, you know. We had such a bad experience with a plumber.... even some electritions.

Thanks to anyone that can help us.

Dawn and Paul.

Try the electricians forum?

I didn't even know there was one, this was all I could get with the t4t google :) thanks.

You have no idea how much that simple idea answer means to me.

Hi

This must be the longest thread in the history of forums :stooge_curly:.

I have trawled through these pages and read with interest the negatives and positives. What has surprised me is the blinkered views of some of the contributions. I cant really understand why people working within the plumbing and heating trades would try and put off someone from taking a course which at the end of the day gives them a recognized qualification ?. One of the main points within the postings is the terminology 'Experience', this pops up time and time again; I ask myself, how does someone who is not in the business actually get a start ??. The answer is simple isn't it, you apply for one of the thousands and thousands of plumbing apprenticeships on offer, get the job and undertake the vocational training the employer pays for, after which you are then a time served fully qualified plumber or heating engineer.

Er, excuse me but that aint gonna happen in 2011 except to the very lucky few. This is where training providers come in and thank goodness they do as well. Is the training course not experience ?? I know that there is a difference between the workshop and Mrs Smiths house but hey the principles are the same and at least the trainee gets practical experience of the principals. I think everyone knows that 2 houses are never the same but please give the learner credit for initiative and realize that the individual does have a brain which functions perfectly well enough for them to recognize that.

To the negative posters in this thread I would say just step back one second and examine the options open to someone who wishes to enter the plumbing industry and put yourselves in their shoes. At the end of the course they are at least walking if not jogging towards their goal of becoming a plumber. By discouraging someone you do them no favours. At least when saying to someone "dont do it" give them the alternatives (do you have any ????).

Like em or loath them training providers like Train4Trade fill the gaping holes in the industry left by underinvestment and greed which is endemic to the construction industry and which the whole country pays the price for.

TA

ps. Me = 5 year indentured apprenticeship (completed 1975)
City & Guilds Advanced Craft Certificate
Yorkshire Council for Further Education Certificate in plumbers work (now defunct)
ACS CCN1, CENWAT and CPA1
Level 3 City & Guilds energy & Efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock