Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamz firstly thanks for the reply. Secondly what do you do for a living if you dont me asking and if you are in the plumbing trade what is your honest opinion of th course above.

You won't. Self employment is your only option.
Ask Fuzzy. He is the man for your answers to this stuff.

I'm a plumber (and employer). 38 years.

My true opinion?
Think carefully before spending your cash. Research the industry well and don't believe sales spiel.
You won't be employable without experience.

Lol im really thinking hard about this now. Self employed the only way but does this mean that i will never achieve my nvq level 2&3. Or will I still be able to complete my NVQ level 2&3 via the self employed route.

I can really sympathise, they don't give a monkeys about peoples personal circumstances. I hadn't even started course and they wouldn't cancel Train for Trade Skills are just in it for the money they don't care about the people!!!!

I agree with you 100%!.. I was so focused on going into doing plumbing, I ordered different bouchers from colleges and other companies like able skills and train 4 trade skills. In the end I got in contact with T4T as I could be fully qualified asap....which was perfect. After all the hassle I have been through with these people, trying to cancel the course and trying to get my money back I've given up looking looking to do plumbing.

Even though I've managed to now finally cancel from the course, It HURTS me till this day that people out there can take your money like that... and not give a f*** about you. I hope the owner burns in Hell! I can't believe I let one of those scum sales guys come into my home and lie to my face, now I look back he knew exactly what he was doing. He was making it sound as if places on the course were running out as we spoke and if I didn't sign I would loose a place, also the way he cleverly took my signed papers, folded them and placed it into the zip pocket of the pack so I would forget and not look at them, he then quickly moved onto what was in pack, which shifted my concentration on something else. Also the way he was telling me how hes a plumber / director of a plumbing company now and doesn't do hands on work any more, nows hes loaded, he goes on holidays to spain every few months, how hes told his son to forget going uni, and do plumbing as he will make loads of money like him.

I know the sales guy are obvious told these things, but I still blame them as they know exactly what they are doing.

T4T SKILLS I HATE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!, I will get my money back!

Is there another watch dog case going on with this company again, that anyone here knows of?

This doesn't make nice reading. Has anyone had any good experience with them?I work week on week off on a boat as an engineer. I'd like to do this course then go to a local builder I know and say I've got my city and guilds etc can I get experience with you on my week off and work for you for free so I can get the further city and guilds the course don't mention. I'm not thinking oh I'll be a plumber and earn 100k a year. I'm just looking for something to do on my week off. Maybe eventually a career change. Heard so many bad things. But they are mainly a out the salesperson that comes calling and folk not being allowed out the deal. Just wondering if anyone has actually gone the full way with the course?

all of these training companies are only there to make money out of you.never ever trust a salesman he is allways going to lie to get the sale.we in the plumbing industry have allowed this situation to come about due to the demise of aprentiships and our reluctence to become a licenced trade. the training companies promise earn £40k plus but average wage £15k to £25k ,you can earn more as a self employed plumber but times are hard how long will it take to get your money back from the training.

I would really be interested in knowing as to how many people that have attended these courses, are now on the magical £40k salary....Salary not turn over mind...

it amazes me that people think it is alright/normal to train to be a plumber using a computer program working through scenarios. surely they must realise that no two houses are quite alike, unless new builds knocked out at the same time. i suppose it's something extra to make it seem that they're getting "value" for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock