Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello to all you people on train4trades courses. ive done the foundation course and just found out ive got to wait up to 10 weeks for my certs.
also because i was told certain things like its 2weeks training then 3weeks training ididnt bother studying the study guide. the person who sold me this course, a guy named steve, told me all sorts of lies like id get £800 worth of tools i got about £150 worth. he also said the course i paid for was the full c&g course but of course it isnt. also the actuall course was supposed to include shower fitting, it didnt. i would advise anyone thinking of having anything to do with this company to seriously think again, there are plenty of other training providers out there, some even help with placements, trade4trade basically just want your money.
i know it sounds like sour grapes but i dont want others wasting money on a course that may not help them, dont get suked in like i did.

I am currently looking at doing a plumbing course and particularly through T4TS, from reading every bodies posts on here I am not to sure. What I have decided to do is send an email over to them, I got about 10 questions for them to answer, I think in the process of typing the email I had made the decision not to use them.

Anybody suggest any other companies?

I genuinely believe that many of the courses are taking advantage of individuals who are unhappy with thier current jobs or the media making out that plumbers earn loads of dosh. I attended a fast track course and learnt loads, but I went with very little plumbing knowledge apart from my DIY attempts.

I think anyone who is considering courses needs to be very careful as its a load of money, and one year from finishing my course I learn every day I am working. There isnt the work out there that the courses make out and you are very unlikely to find employed work. This then leaves you to go out on your own, but you wont really have the skills that are required to cover all apects of plumbing.

And this is where you need to be honest with yourself and your customer, dont take on jobs if you dont know what your doing, try and find a good local plumber that you can pass it onto. He may in return pass on stuff they are not interested in, and they may even show you how the jobs done.

I would also like to point out plumbing is not easy far from it and you would be suprised as to how long jobs take, and you also need to build up experience to find alternative methods of completing the jobs.

The only advice I could give anyone is 1 day at collage 4 days employed 4-5 years later=fully qualified.
I know I going to get bombarded I cant get a job bit maybe this is a sign.
I have approx 3 calls a week for people wanting to work for free just so they can get experience.
Working for some one first makes ALL the difference and will boost confidence.
good luck in your endevours.

Re: train 4 trade skills feedback.

i,m doing the course too, thr practicals are with atl who are fantastic.

does anybody think train4trade is worth doing

Train 4 trade skills is no scam.If you are in full time employment,like i am and couldnt commit to fulltime plumbing studies,then i believe its the way to go.Looking around at pricing,i believe that for me,the price is a good one.At the end of the day,its up to you how succesful you want to be in the trade.Its a good platform to build on once qualified.

hi im just going to start the course and i can wait, so you think when i finish i will find a job with the t4t skills.

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

they are building a centre in luton aswell but not sure yet as to completion date im holding out for luton as close to it, is anyone else struggling to get to grips with electrical side?

most of these fast track courses should be looked apon as bare basic to enter the plumbing trade.you cant train a plumber in 16 ,weeks it only takes 6 weeks acording to reactfast .all these fast track training copanies are trading on old statistics there are no longer 30,000 plumbing jobs out there. if there ever were. plumbing companies will try avoid employing you if you have done one of these courses because they know you do not know enough to be able to the work.they have their custermer base to think of the last thing they want is to send a plumber who has to keep phoning the office to find out what to do it does not look good on them.and there are legal and insurence issues.as for this older plumbers are ignerant of new concepts rules and regulations [that of course all fast track plumbers know] a good plumber is always learning and keeping abrest of all new legistration,thats why they are still working.i dont blame anyone wanting to be aplumber it has earned me agood living over the years,but to show the state of the industry now a lot of the polish plumbers[and they are not all bad plumbers]are now going home due to the lack of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock