Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Old Soutie,

Currently there are no requirements for plumbers to be qualified in the UK to work. I would only think that getting work with a company or small buisness might be hard if you have no practial experiance.

If you do find it hard getting a job with a company there is nothing legaly stopping you from being self employeed.

One thing though I would suggest you learn though is water regulations for England, Scotland or Nothern Ireland depending on where you want to work.

Good luck

Had an e-mail from them this weekend confirming that they will pay up to £150 per week accomodation/traveling expenses.

hi there, was just browsing thru the site and so your post.. i started last december on the course and am really enjoying it.. just on module 8- the dreaded water regs... how u doin on the study? was interested in u sayin about workin away as im wantin to go to canada when im finished on the course... regards greig

Hey Greg, Im sitting water regs test this coming week, Apparently its open book according to bpec website and approx 40 questions. Had a email from them the other day after asking bout it.

cheers

train 4 trade skills feedback.

this will be the last new thread on t4ts that i do.. i just want people on the course to leave honest feedback, like how far you are into the course, what you think about doing the water regs without any on the job experience, what you thought about the 2 weeks practical, what route are thinking of taking after getting your qualifications, etc.. also would like to hear from people who have passed the course, whether or not you have been succesful or not... :confused::confused::confused: like i said before, i only want feedback from t4ts students, not 'time-served' moanerzANDgronerz. thanks..:eek::eek::eek:

Re: T4TS, Starting my practical tomorrow

hi everyone, also doing t4ts. level 2 modules completed. didnt think i would get the next lot until i'd done the practicals. practicals booked for late august. One tip people, if you're looking to complete quickly, then you need to book the practicals as soon as you get the letter to do so after module 11 i think. the gap between available dates can be up to a few months away, so book early. it wont be within a few weeks.
anyway, just wanted to ask, do you do the level 2 C&G exam within those 2 weeks. i thought the practicals were first, then you booked somewhere to do the exam. Is it written multiple choice, or is it the computerised gola exam. do you need to revise or open books
Also do you do the water regs certificate or is that seperate. ive still got the sticker for the water regs module.
hopefully someone will know what i'm on about
thanks
chris

Re: T4TS, Starting my practical tomorrow

I havnt done mine through T4TS but all the centres that do the practical training involve much the same thing I did mine though skills centre and I think alot of these training providers use the same centre as each other.

Ive just done and completed my course, I dont hink you get a bpec certificate, just a card with your photo on it, they will take the sticker off you when you go up there wouldnt worry bout that.

There was no Gola exam for me. I did my training through ATL in Featherstone (near Wakefield) Week one was just bending and soldering a basic written test on general plumbing, week 2 was setting up a direct cylinder to a bathroom suite there was no test it was just a practical assesment - but I have been told this has now changed and incorporates a test at the end. Then the dreaded water regs test, but its not so hard as its open book, but pays to be aware of where things are in the modules.

All I got was C+G certificates, one for each week then followed by bpec card you get in post once its gone through (still waiting) I did the unvented hot water storage as part of my final week aswell so will get CITB card for that.

Cheers.

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

Hi all i have been doin the t4ts course now for about 1-2 months! i have just completed module 4 and am waiting for the next lot of work to be delivered. i am also in the process of asking local plumbers if i can come and be a joey the odd day and work for him voluntary once a week to gain valuable experience and start building up my portfolio. I would recommend this to all new starters for 2 reasons 1 to gain experience before the practical so that you are not going into the practical without doing anythiong remotely hands on and 2 to build up the portfolio for the NVQ. Everything benefits yourself doin things like this so i will be doin as much as poss. Good luck all!

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

hi all t4ts students,,,,just submitted tma 18, been on the course since december 08,the last few modules are all about business, how to get customers,how to keep them once you've got them, advertising,web site design,paperwork,invoices,the list goes on..its quite interesting but some of the multiple choice answers are so easy,just common sense really...
i am booked to go for two weeks practical in september, have been waiting a while now but that was the earliest they could fit me in...
The course overall is enjoyable you can study at your leisure,the water regs module 8 i think ,takes a lot of digesting, i still occasionally pick it up and have a read from time to time...for the people that have just started the course i say stick at it and if you find yourself getting bored,put it away and try the day after, works for me...

Hi i have just read your post i to am on the t4t course i am on mod 15 been at it now for 11 months i am waiting to go down and do my practicall i have been told you do two weeks training but on the phone they told me after that now i am doing my other mods am on 15 i go down again for another two weeks is this true thanks mate good to ear the trainers are good nice one james.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock