Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks fuzzy,wot they said was at the end of doing the level 2, they put me in a placement with a large plumbing company in my area for three months and that's how I gain the level 3 qualification but I don't think 3 months is anywhere near enough, but if 6129 isn't a full qual then i've been mis-sold anyway's I think so surely I must get a full refund.

thanks fuzzy,wot they said was at the end of doing the level 2, they put me in a placement with a large plumbing company in my area for three months and that's how I gain the level 3 qualification but I don't think 3 months is anywhere near enough, but if 6129 isn't a full qual then i've been mis-sold anyway's I think so surely I must get a full refund.

you cannot go straight from 6129 l2 to 6089nvq3

you need to upgrade the 6129 to a 6089nvq2 first by working with a company. then do the 6129 level 3 in a centre then work on site to upgrade that to the level 3

these quals are changing at the moment so you may have to do the new 6189 nvq diploma instead

Thanks m8. Extremely helpful info I will wait and see if they reply to my letter. If not then they will be getting another1 and another 1 and another 1 etc haha Thanks again.

Has anyone managed to get a refund off Train 4 Trade skills. If they have, then please message me as I am desperate to get off their course, as they completely lied to me and conned me into signing for a mickey mouse course in electrics. (I know this is a plumber's forum, but we all seem to be ripped of by same company)

Guys same old scernario dont hand over your hard earned cash without doing your homework, I got my level 2 6129 which was ok but couple of guys did the same they will have 6129 level 2 and 3 but as fuzzy has said its not the full qualification as you need 6089 level 2 and 3. When you speak to T4TS they say 'that our course gets you up to a level that you can do the 6089 but they dont offer it themselves' Only advice is to get some work with someone or to do the 6089 level 2 while doing the 6129 level 3 or take a year out to get the full qualification there are NO SHORTCUTS

Ideal route is:

6129 level 2 with T4TS or someone else
6089 level 2 with college
6129 level 3
6089 level 3

6089 level 2 and 3 needs to be with someone who is qualified

Good luck we're all in the same boat

Hi I am thinking of doing this course can someone please give me advise whether these qualifiactions are genuine basically its as follows

City And Guilds 6189: Level 2 NVQ Diploma In Plumbing And Domestic Heating
BPEC: Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 Certification From BPEC

City And Guilds 6189: Level 3 NVQ Diploma In Domestic Plumbing And Heating
BPEC: Energy Efficiency Certificate
BPEC: Part P Defined Scope electrical qualification
LOGIC: Solar Thermal Domestic Hot Water Certificate
CITB: Domestic Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems Certificate

Total In centre training 11 weeks at Luton ATL.

Someone earlier said that the above certifications were in house and not industry endorsed but upon internet research (good old google) I could determine that BPEC, LOGIC and CITB are industry standard certifiers.

This has now got me worried as im thinking are they lying and just using the name of the organisations or are the certifications genuine. If genuine then surely they must be recognised by employers and thats got to be good I hope.

Also this new 6189 Level 2 & 3 Diploma is this the real deal in plumbing theory and knoweldge or just a part certification. How does it differ from the older certifications that T4TS were offering.

Also the sales rep also told me that I can complete the course as quickly as I want he never told me that I would have to wait till i'd paid a certain ammount of the finiance of before I could attend the in-centre training.

I really dont want to waste 5700 but all the qualifications are tempting and seem genuine can someone please advise me on how good they actually are and how genuinely established and recognised they are within the industry as this is all entirely new to me.

Also if someone from T4TS is posting on this site can you also dispel or confirm the conditonal in-house training and why or how you think that is justifiable when you have been paid in full from the fininace company and the money owed has no bearing on you whatsoever.

Someone please please answer the above questions for me before its too late for also.

The quals are all genuine enough but quals don't get you a job without experience and you can't get experience without a job. Catch 22

My only problem is how will I get certified on my NVQ level 2 and 3 without being on a job. How long do ineed to be on the job toget the nvq and will self employed count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock