Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Train 4 trade skills (t4ts)

firstly hello everyone this is my first post
im 2 weeks into mt t4tskills course ,paying £3900
im trying to get a new skill as was a roofer and had a accident=lost job
after reading threads on this company ,ive obviosly been misleaded as i want the skills to be a competant plumber
im looking to go with a local plumber to get some work experience as well
i am worried as ive been out of work for 3 years and want to be out working
has anyone got any pointers?:)
thanks

If you don't mind me asking how do you feel miss-lead?

If you can get work experience with a local plumber take it with both hands, it is my understanding that the course can't make you a competant plumber (I am doing the course myself) it can only give you an understanding of the under pinning logic, rules and regulations.

Getting out with another plumber will give you experience in doing the job.

So having both in my opinion is fantastic.

Any Questions just ask

im having problems with the 3d disk ,first section completed task just cant seem to do the cold water check,even though ive checked everything is there a system im not doing correct,

Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

i am currently on the train 4 trade skills course and i have no problems! no interest loan and it costs £35 per week to pay back and they are very helpful! you learn at your own pace and all costs towards practical assessments are covered for example if the training centre is away from your house the travel and accomodation is covered! no probs people just need to realise there are other ways of learning than goin to college and losing money! this way you can still earn and learn! end off !!!!!

I queried online, was phoned to say someone would come and speak to me, to discuss the course. Turns out it was a salesman which I was un-perpared for.
He sold me this amazing package.
I explained that i was mid-moving house and said time was restricted at the moment... he went into fulls sales pitch.
I asked if I could cancel after the domesticated plumbing and he stated I could (LIE).
I moved house, forgot about the course but at xmas I realised that I didn't have the time and post-poned it until June whilst i sorted more pressing personal matters.
They accepted my postponing.
However since then I have tried to cancel, but they're not having any of it.

I haven't started the course.
I was lied too... about quite a few things.

And yet I've offered to pay a cancellation fee and they're just not helping at all.
I'm stuck.

It seems they have the money and now they don't care if I start the course or not.

I'm seeking legal advice.

As I haven't actually started the course or used any of the materials then I'm hoping I have some ground to stand on.

Anyone else thinking of court action?

They shouldn't be allowed to do this.

To give you a 3 week cancellation period on a course that's so big and long is shocking.

They should give you the option of cancellation after domesticated.
As what if you find self-teaching difficult?

I queried online, was phoned to say someone would come and speak to me, to discuss the course. Turns out it was a salesman which I was un-perpared for.
He sold me this amazing package.
I explained that i was mid-moving house and said time was restricted at the moment... he went into fulls sales pitch.
I asked if I could cancel after the domesticated plumbing and he stated I could (LIE).
I moved house, forgot about the course but at xmas I realised that I didn't have the time and post-poned it until June whilst i sorted more pressing personal matters.
They accepted my postponing.
However since then I have tried to cancel, but they're not having any of it.

I haven't started the course.
I was lied too... about quite a few things.

And yet I've offered to pay a cancellation fee and they're just not helping at all.
I'm stuck.

It seems they have the money and now they don't care if I start the course or not.

I'm seeking legal advice.

As I haven't actually started the course or used any of the materials then I'm hoping I have some ground to stand on.

Anyone else thinking of court action?

They shouldn't be allowed to do this.

To give you a 3 week cancellation period on a course that's so big and long is shocking.

They should give you the option of cancellation after domesticated.
As what if you find self-teaching difficult?

I would have taken them to court if i had the money but had to accept that i had to pay 2950 instead of 6250 and just swallow it :(

I am currently doing the same course. I got the course material over a year ago but only recently started doing it. Course material seems fair enough, some mistakes but those are higlighted in the online section and corrections given. Done my first scenario which again does exactly what it says it does. I can make mistakes and flood a virtual house instead of a real one :).

So far i have been happy with it, yes it's expensive but at the end I get an industry recognised qualification and the loan is interest free. At the end of the day the qualification is always going to help. I have an NVQ in floorlaying which has gotten me into some large commercial work because as part of thier insurance contractors have to be qualified.

The sale guy who came to my house is also one of my tutors, I got the standard sales speil but to be fair he's only spouting goverment statistics which I would take with a pinch of salt anyway.

maybe on the down turn he was talking about, was people not buying new houses at the moment and instead spending money on renovation of exisiting property, is this maybe what he was getting at?

Any industry at the moment is struggling not just plumbing. But you are not going to complete the course in the next 12 months and hopefully the recession might be over the worst of it by the time you finish. You main question should be can I afford to get into a credit agreement with your current job? is it safe?

lauramo, sorry to hear about your situation but it appears the issue you have is with the credit agreement which you signed not the college itself. 3 weeks cancellation to me seems fair as the legal stance on cancellation of credit agreements is 14 days Credit

Also as you have mentioned they accepted a postponing which again seems fair enough. If you took out a credit agreement on a £30,000 car or £300 tv legally it would still be the same.

NEVER SIGN ANYTHING you are not certain of. I never sign anything there and then as I want to be sure and told the sales rep this. I also asked for a copy of the credit agreement. I told him to contact me in a few days time once I have ingested everything and spoken it over with my wife which he did with no pressure.

If you feel the rep missold you the course in anyway then I would contact them and ask to speak to someone who can deal with complaints

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks cancelation? read the back of your credit agrement mine says 7 days

i think people need to wake up and smell the coffe, T4T do what it says on the tin, its hard it takes time effort and discipline. while you are studying write to every plumber you can think of, ask if they will be a mentor, one day a week, for free. i truly belive if you stay focused you will make it, some one starting a course and not doing any work towards it for 6 months does not sound to determined, and then to put the blame on the company who enrolled them is the easy thing to do.
i can only go on my experience and i think t4t skills are ok. but so are probably most of the training providers.
train 4 trade use atl for the practicals who have been around since 1991, if that makes any difference.

Hi all I am a newbie. Well I to have been looking at getting into the plumbing trade in the UK. All the courses that I have looked at sound fantastic. But reading through some of the feed back from others that have done the courses there are some things that they fail to mention. Extra costs when you are finnished the course ie; inspections on jobs that you have done. Not that I am saying that all the courses do it but some do.

I am trying to find out from some one I have done a course in South Africa and what do I need to do here to get into plumbing. No one can answer me at all at this moment. It is full domestic plumbing equal to NVQ 2 6089.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock