Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(... I am soo upset! I signed up to this 4 days ago thinking it was a reputable company. Only until I looked back at my papers and noticed I signed up for a 5k loan.:( . I thought I signed up for direct debit of £135 a month, the guy who came to my house said nothing of a loan. I don't want a loan, I don't want a loan, i'm unemployed and can't afford to pay it of. ... How can I cancel? Shall I just send a letter and the starter pack back recorded delivery? I don't want to do the course any more either, it's only been four days yet

you should have a seven day cooling off period. just contact them quickly.

There seems to be a lot of sour grapes on here. I have been doing the t4ts plumbing course for 4 months and have just finished module 4. It is as I expected.. difficult, hard work and expensive. Did anyone think anything else?? Are people going into this with thier eyes open?? Becoming a plumber is a career choice and if your motivation is all the talk of 50k a year then you'd better go and find another get rich quick scheme. I am already a time served electrician with 12 years experience and believe me it is a passion for the job, my reputation and my business that gets me crawling through lofts and under floorboards not exaggerated claims by a salesman on commision. Of course they are going to give you the hard sell, that is their job, that doesn't mean that the course is necessarily useless. I'll reserve judgement until theyve actually done something wrong, not a couple of days later when I realise I don't actually have any interest in plumbing, can't afford it and decide to come up with a flakey, vague reason to try and cancel which seems to be the case with most on here.
If you have an interest in plumbing, an aptitude for practical work and want to be self employed then I believe the course is suitable. However, if you want to work for a firm, on sites or local authority etc then you need to become an industry recognised, qualified, time served plumber and this means, suprise suprise, you need to serve the time. This means going to college, finding a work placement and starting at the bottom. For people to think otherwise is an insult to the industry.

This is an advert placed by Train4TradeSkills when recruiting for Course Advisors (Salesmen):

- Would you like to earn £1000/wk - £1500/wk every week?
- Would you like acareer in an industry that is booming despite the recession?
Europe's most successful job specific training providers are now receiving an unprecedented demand for their courses and are looking for additional Course Advisors to join their successful nationwide team.
Successful candidates should possess:
- Face to face consulting or management experience
- Integrity and credibility - The ability to inspire and motivate people - A lively personality - The ability to think on your feet - A strong work ethic - Entrepreneurial flair - Excellent people skills - Your own car

The Role: - You will attend 18 confirmed qualified appointments each week with candidates in their homes who have enquired about training.
- You will interview and advise thesecandidates to establish their aptitude, motivation, suitability and suggest the best course/s to help them achieve their goals
To make sure that you hit the ground running you will be regularly shadowed on appointments by an experienced Course Advisor who will mentor and guide you to help you reach your full earnings potential quickly.
This is not a franchise or get rich quick scheme, this is a self-employed commission only position and there are over 140 people across the UK earning between £5k - £6k per month. To be successful at this job you need a very strong work ethic.
Call 08450 509 513 for more information or to apply.

I love how it says that they will "interview" the candidate (to see if their £5000 is suitable enough for them).

Last edited by a moderator:
- Would you like to earn £1000/wk - £1500/wk every week?
- Would you like a
career in an industry that is booming despite the recession?
Europe's most successful job specific training providers are now receiving an unprecedented demand for their courses and are looking for additional Course Advisors to join their successful nationwide team.
Successful candidates should possess:
- Face to face consulting or management experience
- Integrity and credibility - The ability to inspire and motivate people - A lively personality - The ability to think on your feet - A strong work ethic - Entrepreneurial flair - Excellent people skills - Your own car

The Role: - You will attend 18 confirmed qualified appointments each week with candidates in their homes who have enquired about training.
- You will interview and advise these
candidates to establish their aptitude, motivation, suitability and suggest the best course/s to help them achieve their goals
To make sure that you hit the ground running you will be regularly shadowed on appointments by an experienced Course Advisor who will mentor and guide you to help you reach your full earnings potential quickly.
This is not a franchise or get rich quick scheme, this is a self-employed commission
only position and there are over 140 people across the UK earning between £5k - £6k per month. To be successful at this job you need a very strong work ethic.
Call 08450 509 513 for more information or to apply.

I love how it says that they will "interview" the candidate (to see if their £5000 is suitable enough for them).

This ad is probably similair if not the same to most sales positions wether it is for t4ts or NPower. It is sales. They want customers. As I have said before, that does not mean that the course is useless. If a car salesman talks you into a finance deal on a car, then two days later you realise you can't afford it, does this mean that the car is worth nothing. Of course not. People on here are complaining that they have been given the hard sell, that the salesmen are chasing the money yet they have been seduced by sales patter of 50k a year earnings and have signed up without doing any research. That is hypocrosy, plain and simple.

Hi,
I have complete 2 years at college completing city and guilds level 1 & 2. For me to get on to level three I am required to find an apprenticeship and complete so many hours. I am unable to find an apprenticeship after 12months of searching. I have enquired about this Train 4 trade skills and they have said i can go straight on to there course from level 2 costin £5000 which they believe I can complete in 15months and be fully qualified. and NVQ Level 3.
Can anyone suggest what I should do?

get to know what quals you have and what you need before going spending crazy money on a trade thats currently struggling to earn experienced tradespeople a job

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-courses/19487-c-g-tech-cert-nvq-eal-facts-you.html

read this thread

:(... I am soo upset! I signed up to this 4 days ago thinking it was a reputable company. Only until I looked back at my papers and noticed I signed up for a 5k loan.:( . I thought I signed up for direct debit of £135 a month, the guy who came to my house said nothing of a loan. I don't want a loan, I don't want a loan, i'm unemployed and can't afford to pay it of. ... How can I cancel? Shall I just send a letter and the starter pack back recorded delivery? I don't want to do the course any more either, it's only been four days yet

if your unemployed then you will get your training for free at a proper college

check out the new quals, private centres are running the old quals

check out advice on the quals here: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-courses/19487-c-g-tech-cert-nvq-eal-facts-you.html

and this about the new quals: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-courses/9628-building-services-level-1-city-guilds.html

The salesman did a pretty good job on you, plain and simple.

Ha ha, very good. Any chance you are going to elaborate on that and give me a reason why he did a 'pretty good job on me'? Or are you just going to continue with vague, nothing comments?

Like I said before, I have completed up to module 4 and I'm still waiting to be 'ripped off'. Perhaps its because I have already completed one trade apprenticeship, so I understand the value of a trade, as well as the industry and the value of getting up in the morning and working hard. Oh no sorry, a salesman told me I can do sod all, be my own boss and earn 50k a year so it must be true. What a job he did on me.

Perfect example here...who signs up for a 5k loan without realising??? come on give me a break. This person signed up for £135 a month, what difference does it make wether its a loan repayment or a direct debit?? Either way, in their own words, they can't afford it. So why sign up??? In their own words, within 4 days, they have decided that they want to be a plumber and are willing to pay for it and then changed their minds to I don't want to do the course and I can't afford it. Yet its all the salesmans and t4ts fault. Utter rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock