Search the forum,

Discuss Tracpipe Gas Worcester boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyplumber

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys
I’m quoting for a job to cascade 2 boilers unvented cylinder and low loss header
To save time and distuption I’m looking to use tracpipe for the gas, the boilers are 25 meters away from the meter. I have used tracpipe for LPG but never for NG and I’m trying to find the installation volume calcs to make sure I don’t go over the 0.035 IV as I may need to install 35mm tracpipe
The boilers will be Worcester 24i system which will require 5.2m3/hr no other appliances will be installed

You would need to use 32mm and your volume will be over so requires a commercial ticket sorry to say

Thanks for your reply shaun.
I have since found Tracpipe's pipework volume information and been back to the job i have worked out another route to take the gas and have reduced the length to 20 meters which by my calcs make it 0.033. the meter has to be relocated due to the fact its sited in a cafe below the property, which landlord owns also, I have told him it must be moved as the tenants can not isolate the gas incase of a gas leak, I'm now wondering if they can move it to the rear of the property close to the boiler position depending on what Wales and West utilities say.
another thought don't know if it can still be done, is to install Meter in the foyer as original plan run gas pipe through the communal area in copper with ventilated boxing and install a ECV and test point before it goes through the wall to outside where a purpose made boiler room will be built to accommodate boilers and cylinder this way i can to test and purge each section of pipework, i have been told this can be done to keep within domestic ticket, whether this is right I'm not sure but i will be speaking to gas safe in the new year.

that will be better and you should be able to get away with 28mm,

there are special regs regarding communal areas and fire risks

and its a grey area, get what ever they say in writing

I have looked at the regs for communal areas, fire proof purpose made boxings, fire sleeve ventilation to outside and notices ect.
I will get it in writing after i have rang them more than once to be given a different answer by different advisers lol

normally they advise steel/barrel pipe or trac no copper

Copper is fine in fire rated boxing, that's what Gas Safe told me when I called them about it.

Copper is fine in fire rated boxing, that's what Gas Safe told me when I called them about it.

What about ventilation then as it's in a sealed void ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tracpipe Gas Worcester boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock