Discuss Total novice seeking help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Hoping a kind soul can help me. I've just moved into a house with a Furnray Firefly oil boiler - it's plugged in and there's a red light to indicate that it's operational (I think that's what it's indicating!) but the only control that I can see is a temperature control ranging from 60 to 90 degrees celsius.

Just had my first oil delivery this morning, and I had hoped that by turning on the central heating switch and turning the controls to "all day" the radiators would start to heat up - unfortunately nothing heated up at all, even the boiler. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could try to get the central heating on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally if you nothing about oil or boilers, I would get a oftec certified plumber to get the boiler working again and give it a service.

At the very least get in a plumber , it might only need bleeding , then see about a full service

Where abouts are you? We have oillies here on the forum that may be local to you. In the meantime did the seller leave any past service sheets or bills?
And welcome to the forum.

Furnray boilers were made here, in NI. It probably had run out of oil & the oil line & burner needs bled. Don't try this yourself as you risk doing what a lot of people do & ruin the settings of the burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Total novice seeking help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock