Discuss Tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What's your best tool you can't do without....in your toolbox ! ;-0

A tip~ you can always look busy with a tape measure, walk round anywhere, stand anywhere.

Look, knowingly nod ,measure

bahco adjustable spaner , mum and dad bought it for me when i was 15 and starting to take interest in plumbing! and i had some work experience from a plumber who lived near me and he had one the same! so i wanted one to be like him haha! been with me everyday since, dont know how many leaks that has sorted............or created , well that might actually be the operator!!!

Mobile, for them tricky problems that I've not come across before then I come on here and get advice from those clever fellas in the know! Very close second is defiantly my dear old estwing

a pencil, probably the most used and missed tool in a toolbox.

I was going to say that, erm, my Stanley knife then, for sharpening my pencil.

My best tool I can not do without when changing a domestic pump is my small pair of 10" chains,removes the tightest of pump nuts,if you don't have a pair put them on your Christmas list.

mini bacho adjustables, always in my pocket and if there not then the job stops till their found

I call these my babies for some reason (Baby grips) :S "Pass me my babies", or "wheres my babies". God knows how many times the mrs has forgotten to take these out me work trousers sending them through the washing machine the poor things, but they have never let me down...... touch wood, hand them for about 6 years now.

Attachments

• 2013-05-03 19.22.47.jpg
    2013-05-03 19.22.47.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 161
Most used would be 8" wide jaw bahcos, favourite would be my 12" bahcos, had them 15 years now, though I don't tend to use them that often as I couldn't bear it if I lost them.

I love my 10" knipex but i loose a couple of set a year.

My estwing on the other hand............I've had 3 of these in near 40 years and every one i've lost (i snapped the head off one) has been like a death in the family. I'm devistated and go around like a raging bull until i get another so it would have to be that.
The Estwing
estwing.jpg

Me too I have missed mine (I lost the screw)

yep happened to me too, im still bitter about it. They where all worn in and had a polished feel to them from being used every day, over a year later and im still wearing the new ones in

my old gaffers 10" grips must be 20? ish years old but feel so good to use although the handles are made up of 99% insulation tape now

It's a tool we all take for granted, but a 15/22mm pipe slice. Lose those and you will be directly down the merchants for some more.

Fein multimaster wins our "tool of the month" quite a lot. There are many others but this noisy little German chap usually gets his efficient nose ahead. Yesterday had a shower valve to service. Installer had, or allowed, tile just over the inlet cartridges. Fein with the diamond blade carved a lovely curve in tiles. Did such a lovely job I was kind of moist though strangely dusty. Customer was pleased but she was not quite on the same wavelength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock