Currently reading:
Tool thief killed by vigilanets ((UK)

Discuss Tool thief killed by vigilanets ((UK) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best one I heard was a man with a 2CV van. They broke in to his house, threw a load of things in the van, demanded the keys and tied the man up in a sleeping bag.
But the van had a security feature the thieves couldn't get around: a manual choke. Also, the 2CV gearstick is slightly unusual.
After various starting and stalling attempts (the van owner was, meanwhile, killing himself laughing), all went quiet. The owner eventually broke free from his sleeping bag to find his van (and contents) still parked outside the house. The thieves were nowhere to be seen.

First van I had was a Renault 4 l van gears in centre of dashboard never got robbed lol a lot of people were terrified to drive them because of the gears they were the original column gears

Careful or I'll get offended ;) Citroen 2VC launched in 1948. Renault 4 came out many years later. Assuming the gear change is similar? Slide in and out, neutral is halfway out and twist and slide for other gears? I'm not giving away the details here, though: you'll have to kill me first :)
Good to meet someone else who's had a real car though!

renault-4-5.jpg

A bit of advice peeps.

The law says you are allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself and that force must be proportionate. IF someone 'lunged' at you and you "feared for your life" then it is reasonable to stop them EVER being able to do that again...

Keep the statement simple. "Officer I was in fear of my life, he lunged at me" Nothing else otherwise you open the door... Let them prove otherwise.

God protect us from those who are supposed to protect us :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Over here you or your family has to be in danger before you can protect yourself o if your van is been robbed the law is ypu should let it as it can be replaced personally I think thats bullshit criminal has more protection then the owner the laws need to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool thief killed by vigilanets ((UK) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock