Search the forum,

Discuss Our stance on providing advice online - More for the sparky forum but I'll write a similar thing for here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

I just posted this on the sparky forum.

We provide Gas pluming advice on this forum. And whilst it's clear sometimes who knows their stuff. And we can check against GSR at the time of them providing us their GSR number. We don't and can't check daily to remove those who aren't now GSR registered.

So I would say, without giving it much thought, that I'd have the same stance on this forum too.

Kinda, if you provide the advice, you're assuming they *should (are allowed to?) be seeking it.

But we as a forum can't change the industry in the UK. And certainly not globally.

So be careful who you provide advice to.

I haven't spent much time on this forum since upgrading it but I will do ASAP. Need sort out some categories and help the mods get some moderation tools. And also give you guys as members more tools to help you get more business in, cheaper tools, better training, that kinda jazz.

We're here to help. But we're here to help those who need the help. Yet we aren't the ones who choose who that is, as a forum. That's kinda down to those who are going around seeking the advice. And whether they're using their collective knowledge that they've gathered from various places, to act on it and fiddle with their gas pipes or electrical wiring.

Who are we to say who that is?

Just thinking out loud here.

p.s. I've asked for an API to see if we can plug into the GSR system. They refused and wished me luck in creating one myself. Cheeky barstewards.

I just posted this on the sparky forum.

We provide Gas pluming advice on this forum. And whilst it's clear sometimes who knows their stuff. And we can check against GSR at the time of them providing us their GSR number. We don't and can't check daily to remove those who aren't now GSR registered.

So I would say, without giving it much thought, that I'd have the same stance on this forum too.

Kinda, if you provide the advice, you're assuming they *should (are allowed to?) be seeking it.

But we as a forum can't change the industry in the UK. And certainly not globally.

So be careful who you provide advice to.

I haven't spent much time on this forum since upgrading it but I will do ASAP. Need sort out some categories and help the mods get some moderation tools. And also give you guys as members more tools to help you get more business in, cheaper tools, better training, that kinda jazz.

We're here to help. But we're here to help those who need the help. Yet we aren't the ones who choose who that is, as a forum. That's kinda down to those who are going around seeking the advice. And whether they're using their collective knowledge that they've gathered from various places, to act on it and fiddle with their gas pipes or electrical wiring.

Who are we to say who that is?

Just thinking out loud here.

p.s. I've asked for an API to see if we can plug into the GSR system. They refused and wished me luck in creating one myself. Cheeky barstewards.
Why am I not surprised at GSR's response...

We have been around longer than they have had access to that database so they will come and go by the looks of it. So perhaps best we made our own somehow. How we do that, I haven't got a clue. We don't store details of GSR members when they send them to us. Never wanted the data responsibility that comes with that kinda thing.

Perhaps we just go off our own GSR records which is a simple 'Yes they sent us details once' or 'No they haven't yet' kinda thing. But we don't check every few weeks or whatever to remove those who have expired, or renew those who have renewed or whatever.

Headache I don't want to deal with today lol

But you guys get the picture yeah?

Reply to Our stance on providing advice online - More for the sparky forum but I'll write a similar thing for here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock