Search the forum,

Discuss Tool Box or Tool Bag? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marples

Which in your opinion is the best to have? pros and cons please.

That depends on what work you do.
Dirty commercial floor then box
Clean domestic floor then bag
But then you have to consider the weight of a metal box when fully loaded with tools and how far do you have to walk on average and things like that.

We only do domestic work, and with me being an apprentice i won't have too many tools. Just the basics really, so should be quite light. I'm a clean worker and look after my tools so the box/bag won't get too messed up.

Have a look at some of the other bag/box discussions on the forum there have been a fair few I love my veto pro pack which are the best tool bags made but overpriced for some. Most of the previous tgreads end up being discussions about whether veto pro packs are worth the money or not. Imho they are.

Had all, bags, boxes, open totes , i started with a canteleiver box then went to big stanley box then onto open tote bags now im back to a faacom canteliever box, tote bags are ok but i found u waste time lookin for tools buried, i use a magma tool bag for servicing n maintanance.

I know it's not the most pro looking tool carrying jobbie available, but I have been favouring a flexible bucket lately, get what I'll need out of the toolboxes plus a towel/sponge etc and pop them in the bucket, the handles come together so it's easy to carry and if needed I can tip the contents out and catch water in it.
It's spot on for bathroom maintenance type jobs where you know what you'll need before you knock on the door.
bucket.jpg

I like the gorilla tubs. Very versatile. I have a bahco plastic toolbox that I got as a freebie when I bought an sds drill last year. To say its plastic and only supposed to hold 3 to 4 kg its doing really well.

advantage of a box is you can stand on it this might only be an advantage to the vertically challenged amongst us

seriously it depends on what work your doing ive just bought the stanley double sided zip up bag mainly i wanted a shoulder strap to leave hands free for pda keys etc
prior to this ive always been a fan of the box with the organisers on top ive always thrown the tray bit away as soon as i got one or you cant get much in

Do domestic / industrial /repair and services. Get one of these

http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-...%20-%20Mixed&gclid=CNDG58zQ8r8CFXDLtAodAjMAxQ

Keeps tools dry and clean and organised. You can instantly see when you've been robbed

a really good tote, but they cost ££££££££££££££ or a really good suitcase and they cost the same, havent got either but will next time.

Iv got a Facom tote. Brilliant tote also has a fold away cover. Vey sturdy with a proper leather hand grip on the handle

Forge Steel 15" Tool Bag with Organiser | Tool Bags & Tool Totes | NoLinkingToThis
Bought one of these a year or so back and find its excellent for servicing/maint etc, it comes with a plastic organiser which fits in the middle of the bag and as its velcroed in, you don't get all your different washers, o rings, screws etc mixing up
Only drawback, the quality is not the best (screwfix special!) any one seen one made better with the same features

Thanks, I think i'm going to buy a box and tote, find which suits me best then give the other to my father. Would be slightly annoyed if i only bought the one and hated it.

Look at what the guys around you are using, see what is most popular and buy that first, don`t see the point of buying and giving away myself plus in time you will probably have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool Box or Tool Bag? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock