Discuss Toilet Problem - Solidified mass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meger5

Hi There

There is a solidified mass on the base of the toilet bowl, think it might have solidified from some cleaning agent.

Any advice on how to remove ?

Its still fairly hard to the base.

All tip and advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Ask everyone in the property what cleaning agent has been used or who has put what in there before doing anything because some cleaning products can become acid when mixed with water.

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I'm unable to find out exactly what cleaning agent was used, but I understand its a general toilet cleaning brand, but for some reason solidified. Any suggestions ?

Put some mariogolds on or get a good black bin bag AND GET IT OUT BY HAND it wont hurt and you can always wash your hands afterwards - or call dyno rod and spend ÂŁ100 + - then chuck it in the bath for examination and post a piccy ........ Centralheatking

Caustic soda can become a hard solid mass if not mixed properly when dropped directly into
drains, toilets etc. Need to chip it out with a long chisel or screwdriver, the stuff is probably
dead but take no chances and wear eye protection and mask and avoid splashing.

Hi All

Many thanks for all your replies.

Its very hard and won't budge easily, its color is white.

Any easy suggestions in how to get rid of it ?

Dave

Its color is white and its totally hard....very difficult to budge!
Any suggestions most welcome!

Best way is to use a long screwdriver or chisel to start breaking it up BUT metal can damage the surface beyond repair so remove what you can then find a piece of wood to finish the job. Take your time and not to much brute force or you can break the pan.

I had an apprentice who put a load of plaster down a toilet once!
I would say that went down well but it didnt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Problem - Solidified mass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock