Search the forum,

Discuss toilet flush problem assistance please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hello Friends

I visited an old lady who has a close coupled toilet.

The flush was not working.

Inside teh cistern is the ball valve - all working fine etc.

The handle is connected by a chain to a sypon in teh bottom which when you flush lifts and releases water.

I am not sure what this system is called?

The blue syphon cap has a rubber an dthen underneath is a conical plastic part that fits snuglt into the whole so when the flush is operated it lifts, this was diconnected to the other part.

I fitted it back and tested in many timesm, all OK, it may come off again.

Can this be glued? or what is it called for a new part?

Never seen one like this! Live and learn, all good. she was happy, did it for free!

Regards

Rocket

Hi mate sounds like you have the flap valve, better of replaceing it with a Turbo 88 syphon, this will give duel flush and is easy to repair in future :toilet:

OK, Thx

Flap valve, I'll look it up but excellent.

Thanks again, the lady didn't want to replace it! I just fixed it but told her it may break again!

see what happens but thanks.

I 'll look up the Turbo 88 Syphon.

Turbo 88 syphon costs a bit more but works very well, once fitted if it go`s wrong you do-not have drain cistern to repair it (replace diafram) lots of differant styles avail get a catalog from Dudley

Sounds like you have the same cistern Iv got.

Had the same issue.

The mushroom shapped thing on top of the big rubber plug kept coming away from the plastic lever.

I glued it on and its been fine ever since. This was 5 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toilet flush problem assistance please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock