Discuss Toilet Constantly Running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shauno

Hello all,

Please can you help me. I've recently moved into a new place and one of the toilets is constantly running as the water is rising above the overflow pipe. I know bugger all about this kind of thing and haven't had any luck in lowering the water level. I've contacted the letting agent but would really love to be able to sort this out myself pronto as the additional noise is doing my head in.

I've included a picture below and if anyone has any ideas, I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks a lot.

Shaun

i.*********/s5yH0oe.jpg

Can't see any picture Shaun but it's normally just a problem with the float valve in cistern. If you lift off the lid and pull up the metal rod with a ball on the end of it does the water stop?

The red bit above the grey float has a screwdriver slot in it. turn it anti clockwise to push the float further down and it shoul stop filling before it reaches the internall overflow. if not its a new float valve probably a fluid master is best.

@benny i had to paste his link into my internet search bar.

Yeh the black burled nut just below the red arm , shut off the cold water and slacken the nut below red arm , once slack the whole arm and nut will lift out showing you the diaphram washer, now there are many many different types of washers so youl probably have to take a pick then order one off internet or go to your local merchants to see if they stock them then replace and water on, this will fix as with the washer swolen the noise can be quite loud, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Constantly Running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've had an on going issue for over a year now and can't seem to get an answer. Hopefully can get some more information from the forum. If I...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I've got an older toilet with a huge flush capacity so I'm trying to keep it rather than replacing it with a newer lower capacity toilet. Problem...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock