Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet cisterns in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Am beginning to wonder if its ever worth repairing these things for replacement parts , with the amount of running around now to get correct syphon or float valve that will fit and then chuck on materials and time together i reckon you fit a new bog for nigh on same money.

Any of you guys bother repairing them these days?

I find it's quicker to keep a fluidmaster flush & fill valve on the van... I used to try & save time by going back away & ordering the part so I wouldn't have to break the cistern off the pan but not so much anymore... Just tell em I'm changing it all!

Had a classic today arrived then had to go away get specific syphon and float valve (fluidmaster).

Parts with VAT ÂŁ40 !!!
Had to butcher the shank as it never fitted due to person who plumbed it in prior bodged the job .

Just over ÂŁ100 in parts and time in the end and the quality of products these days are pants anyway . Honestly reckon would be easier for new bog n cistern

Yeah but cheapo bogs come with Chinese tat components... Plus who wants to fit bogs all day?

Fluidmaster fill & flush costs like 18 quid... Can't grumble at that!

They don't fit every bog tho unfortunately

Yeah sometimes it can be a pain with the cup hitting the side of the cistern or it's too busy with the big old flush siphon & flush handle mechanism all in the same corner lol!

Bog to go in wickes ÂŁ50

Doesn't look bad, small cistern but for ÂŁ50 what do you want

I thought about becoming a toilet fixing / fitting exert

Seriously, was going to put it on my van & just do bogs

Any comments?

It might be an earner

Any comments?

It might be an earner

might get you in the crap tho :D

Any comments?

It might be an earner

I think someone could do well from just bogs & taps... Keep all the spares etc on board, a lot of plumbers dread the old toilet or drippy Taps but if someone just did that they could make a killing

I might try it

There was a chap around who was called mr mastic

Apparently he earned good money

Silicone crazy all day

I think someone could do well from just bogs & taps... Keep all the spares etc on board, a lot of plumbers dread the old toilet or drippy Taps but if someone just did that they could make a killing

Can`t remember where but I`ve seen Traps and Taps on a van somewhere.

Any comments?

It might be an earner

Go for it mate, to quote a well known film ....... They had absolutely nothing, but they were willing to risk it all.

I've gotta do something

Very quiet at present

Doing a grounds maintenance contract that's up in January but other than that small bits here & there

I've gotta do something

Very quiet at present

Doing a grounds maintenance contract that's up in January but other than that small bits here & there

but dont forget about us when you blow up ;)

It wouldn`t be a massive outlay to start carrying a couple of the most popular valves, a box of washers etc would it, go for it rocket.

I've gotta do something

Very quiet at present

Target some New Builds, last ten years with plastic pipework. Around my area they are all developing problems now. Flushing, filling and pan connectors leaking are just the start of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet cisterns in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock