Search the forum,

Discuss Tigerloop Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been trying to run a new oil line to a property. Line is in 8mm copper with a steady rise of approx 1m over 12 m through a filter, fire valve and into a Tigerloop. On attempting to commission, the tigerloop was foaming like crazy. I checked all the joints, tried again and the same thing happened. A pressure test of the flow and return loops (tigerloop disconnected) was sound. Plenty of oil available and all filter elements clean.

Sounds like a problem with the Tigerloop or am I missing something?

Sounds like tigerloop is letting air in somewhere if pipework sound,have had this happen before.

Existing boiler? Put the flexis in a bottle of kero and check the pump pressure. Pump could be on its way out? Or full of crud

Thought of that one and tried a brand new pump straight out of the packet and the same thing happened.

could be the tl is the issue and letting air in, if your sure none of the lines are leaking that would be my starter for 10 once I had really sucked through the fuel for a while to confirm the lines ok

If the Tigerloop is letting air in, can it be taken to bits to fix it? I need it up and running quickly

Yes, assuming the arrows on the casting are correct.

I ask as i fitted one and crossed the connections. 10 mins of head scratching watching it blow bubbles thinking it was pulling air in before it dawned on me to swap the hoses around.

The oil hose on the return will do that, but assume you checked the hoses when you tested rest of pipe?
Might be faulty tigerloop & they are not fixable as far as I know.

As above, you sure the pipes arnt crossed in the wall or behind the boiler? If the TL was cracked Id expect to see a bit of an oil weep around it somewhere too?

Oil line should be 10 mm had to change same size oil line before

No sorry ment to say 10mm is ment to be minimum size your call only sayingr

if its getting bubbles its either sucking air in or pipes are crossed

Think the too LARGE the bore of pipe risks air bubbles & problems.
TBH, I use 10mm & some are existing oil pipe.

Could the tigerloop have cracked where you put the male fittings into it I have had that happen to fire valves

Fitted lots of Tigerloops with 8mm and never had any problems in the past.

Where did you get that from? Stating such things as facts isnt ideal unless you can back it up.

*grins* i thought this was to mine!

if you want a laugh, a few weeks ago i went to an oil tank piped in 22mm, 24m run and the applience was just above the tank, the tools coulden't work out why they coulden't light the boiler!

The problem was down to a crack in the tigerloop housing.

My "go-to" pipe size is 8mm normally

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tigerloop Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock