Search the forum,

Discuss Tiger loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning all,
question.
does a tiger loop have to be fitted outside, I have seen somewhere but can't find it now a quote of ' internal-external' which confused me, not hard, but if any one can clarify I would be grateful.
stani

Yes a normal tiger loop is supposed to be fitted externally
But you can get an internal one witch is vented to outside with a pipe out the wall

Thanks Gray that's all I needed to know, on all the MI,s for Tigerloop it says external just got slightly confused when I heard internal. Not seen that one in use anywhere.

Think I read somewhere (perhaps on this forum) that the Gok loop isn't as good as a tigerloop, think because it doesn't vent, so can't remove air? Expensive also.
The Tigerloop Bio is an exact replacement for the ordinary t.loop, except a metal top with a place for a vent pipe to connect to.

Never had a problem with the gok, but it is pricey. I'll have a look at the bio though the next time I need one.

Hi there i use the Gok-deaerator all the time, it vents any gases at the burner nozzle "closed system" so no need to run a breather pipe to vent externally. This saves me a lot of time and hassle so worth paying a few quid extra
Just my opinion!!!

Hi there i use the Gok-deaerator all the time, it vents any gases at the burner nozzle "closed system" so no need to run a breather pipe to vent externally. This saves me a lot of time and hassle so worth paying a few quid extra
Just my opinion!!!
Good point about time saved. Would be better a Gok if the boiler is nowhere near an outside wall for to vent.
My concern is does a Gok work as well as a Tigerloop Bio, because the T,loop removes the air & this should be better for economy & reduce nozzle drip. For that reason I would prefer T,loops where there is no problem putting a vent pipe to outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tiger loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My ageing tiger loop could do with replacing. All I can find online have horizontal connections whereas mine has the connections vertically the pipes coming in from below. I was hoping I could get a straight swap unit. Will i need to alter my pipework as well then?
Replies
Views
G
  • Question
Hi all. We have just had a new oil system installed including an external Tiger loop. I see that the 'new' Tiger loops are now a complete metal unit (as opposed to the previous plastic dome). My question is - In the depths of UK Winter, may it be necessary for me to cover the Tiger loop to...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not doing the job but he wants to know what to buy and replace it himself and asked me where to get one. I said I'd have a mooch. He sent this picture. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock