Discuss Thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Do you think this will adjust?

I'd like to fix rather then replace but I don't usually fix so help appreciated.

Thx
[DLMURL]https://vimeo.com/135383133[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely just the diaphragm washer. Looks decent condition & not ancient. Not much else usually can happen that ball valve, unless a bit of dirt gets into nozzle/washer.
I tend to replace the diaphragm washers on standard valves like those, if I open them for any reason. Only a few pence. Gets yourself plenty of washers.
I would prefer a Fluidmaster Pro on toilets with mains pressure supply, as quieter.

Last edited:
Yeh they are your standard ball cock diaphragm washers ,

Not worth the hassle... Always keep a bottom & side entry on the van, those plastic valves are cheap anyway! Proper repair 1st time & no 2nd visit

not exactly rocket science to replace a valve washer is it?

always wanted to say that :)

If you're set on repairing and not replacing, change the valve seat/nozzle/orifice as well as the washer as these go brittle with age and cold temps and will still pass even with new washer fitted
I prefer to fit new as customers can see what their money got them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock