Search the forum,

Discuss thought i share a little homework with you! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

been asked to quote this with a £600 boiler!
dont matter where you are in country or what you charge, but based on the info and pics..whats your estimate?
forget the bathroom. you can see water supplies and gas from pics, guess rest.

customer has just started 'flipping houses' hes not a bad customer of mine so not going to be too rude to him as he is a 36 year old doctor in computers!
i will share what he wants me to charge him after a few inputs. this is his second project under £100k and his first made him £10k after 6 months! gave him an estimate this afternoon but now changed boiler posistion to another room.
enjoy!!

1. Remove and plumb out radiator as not required. As a set of double doors being installed in its area. As below, the wall with the 2 windows. Used to be external wall but now house has extension on.
2. Plumb in new radiator on the wall under the 2 wall lights.
pic1.jpeg.jpg
1. Plumb in new radiator on the blank wall. Remove and plumb out radiator under 2 windows as not required, as above.

pic2.jpg
[FONT=&quot]Remove radiator under bay lounge window. Might buy new one TBD
[/FONT] 1. Remove 2 radiators in downstairs W/C. Plus need to plum in new toilet.
1. Remove kitchen radiator and replace with new one, TBD. Remove gas cooker.
[FONT=&quot]Remove kitchen ground boiler and plumb in new combi boiler
pic5.jpg
pic6.jpg
pic8.jpg
[/FONT] 1. Move bedroom radiator under the window.
2. Remove radiator under stair and in hall.
pic7.jpg
Adjacent to the kitchen is the area under the Stairs. The boiler to go where the window is. Window to be blocked up. Next door has done the same.
pic11.jpg
pic12.jpgpic13.jpg
fit new radiators throughout 11 in total (supplied by customer)

Last edited by a moderator:
about 5-6k

that was his mash job list.

in summary;
remove all 11 rads for plastering.
relocate and install 5 new rads and re-pipe with trv.
replace remaining 6 rads with new.

install new combi in new location replacing floor standing vented system.
flush and pressure test.
supply boiler and all fittings ex rads and valves.

replace toilet and other jobs to suit in addition.
basically a new install of 11 rad upgrade plus extras!
in village, nearest merchant 7 miles. job location 15 mile from base.

he wants it for £1600 with the boiler supplied and bath suite install only, or he can supply boiler and wants to keep scrap.lol that involves coming and going to remove and refit rads, strip out days over 3 weeks.lol
told me guy up road has quoted £1500 but he wants to use me as he trusts me to do a good job!!

my price est is £2200-2800 or £3500 inc bath suite and w.c pan installed/boiler supplied! fixed
told him straight, i wont do it cheap as i have a business to run!!

Funny how there's always a bloke down the road, or a friends mate who quotes stupid cheap. And, suprise suprise, they want you to match the quote! Why just not get them to do it?

Had a guy asked how much I charge for lgsr today as he has someone that does them for £20. The guy is on the cards but takes a couple of days off and does them at that price.

Had a guy asked how much I charge for lgsr today as he has someone that does them for £20. The guy is on the cards but takes a couple of days off and does them at that price.

What do bg charge? £20 is way to cheap cost me that in diesel!

3260+ vat without seeing it in the flesh with the cheapest boiler i can source and he supplies the suite and i keep the scrap.
You don't need customers like him there are plenty others.

£63 plus vat (£75.60) for me for a LL boiler and 1 appliance (local only). Fires are an extra £34.
Probably why i only do about a dozen a year.

just walk away from that mate! that price is pathetic. let him use the other fool

Would be looking at around the 4k mark.
He would be better starting from scratch as it sounds a bit of a mish mash.
But as said he wants to flip as quick as poss & as cheap as poss.
The buyer can have the hassle in a few years as things go wrong,
Andy

How many days does everyone think this is? And what does everyone reckon the materials bill would be?

Stick to your price (Think it's to cheep) but if that's what your happy with ! £1500 tell him to use the chap down the road, cos the next job he will be expecting done cheaper !! You've given him what you want stick to it , or walk away

How many days does everyone think this is? And what does everyone reckon the materials bill would be?

depends if it needs re piping but around about a 4 days to a week

Last edited:
thinking 2 weeks in all, back and forth. rads off rads on etc.
then the soil needs moving, new supplies to new bath install.
i know there will be ad ons vexpected!!!!!!!!

thinking 2 weeks in all, back and forth. rads off rads on etc.
then the soil needs moving, new supplies to new bath install.
i know there will be ad ons vexpected!!!!!!!!

Labour only then, and at a serious push.

Get him to go with the chap down the road, then pull his pants down to fix all his leaks and straighten up all his pipework, level the rads and un-ID the boiler.

Labour only then, and at a serious push.
i wont do labour only!!

he can supply rads and suite, possibly boiler, minimal loss that way, but if they go wrong its his problem!.
the rest i supply and mark up or not interested.

Get him to go with the chap down the road, then pull his pants down to fix all his leaks and straighten up all his pipework, level the rads and un-ID the boiler.

i will just employ him and be there at end of every day then chuck him the wage only.lol

£63 plus vat (£75.60) for me for a LL boiler and 1 appliance (local only). Fires are an extra £34.
Probably why i only do about a dozen a year.

same as me tamz i cant see the sense of doing them cheap to be liable for a year an mot is id £45 and you go to them

i wont do labour only!!

he can supply rads and suite, possibly boiler, minimal loss that way, but if they go wrong its his problem!.
the rest i supply and mark up or not interested.

Nor would I ordinarily, but it all depends on your situation.

How much would you roughly charge for a combi swap in a loft and external condense run of about 4m? Excluding cost of boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thought i share a little homework with you! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the...
Replies
Views
My radiators make a bang noise every now and then. Doesn't seem to be a particular radiator instead it will be 1 radiator and then some time later...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock