Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Thinking of getting Rothenberger Plasticut, any thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Hill

Hi all,

My boss is a fan of the Rothenberger pipe shears for cutting 32 and 40mm waste pipes. However I can't seem to get the knack of squeezing the pipe enough to get it to cut whilst twisting the pipe. I often end up cutting a thread into the pipe!

I'm looking at getting one of these kits: Rothenberger Plasticut Plumbers Pipe Cutter Kit 15-42mm 4Pcs | Pipe Cutters | NoLinkingToThis

I've read on the forum people weren't impessed with the original versions of these but that the newer black ones were better.

Anyone got experience of these plasticut tools?
Or a suggestion for an idiot proof alternative.

Thanks,

These are great. Have a set BUT

you say idiot proof.

these basically have a stanley blade inside, as you can get your fingers in them its a bloody issue!
i painted a barhroom red the otherday while fitting it becuase i picked it up to move it and put my finger inside.

if you get them use it, replace the inner guard straight away.

it hurts...trust

I use the 11/4", 11/2" & 2" cutters and always had a neat clean straight cut with little effort. Extremely quick and efficient.

Why not just get the ratchet cutters?

http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/rothenberger-rocut-42tc-professional-pipe-shears/65326

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the red ones in 15 and 22mm but don't really like them. I prefer the ratchet ones like TBServices mentioned.

love them they are guarded like my standard pipe slices!

the waste ones are very good. They are great on rendering contracts if you need to extend a waste pipe and cant get to it inside. Just make a hole around the pipe and get your slice in, glue a coupler on, smack some mud in, job done.

I've got these and the john guest speed fit cutters. Its all good gear.

I had a set but sold them on the internet as there weren't worth the space they take up in the toolbox so they got shoved in the van and never used.

They were good when I had them and don't leave that terrible burr that nobody expect from me can be bothered removing.

I've got the inch half/quarter ones. They're great. Mine don't leave any bur. You have to squeeze the inch half one or it will take ages, and can spiral.I've since used someone elses and his didn't spiral so I think I need a new blade in the inch half one.

Some of them come with a spare blade in the body or a blade you can turn around, but not the case with my inch half cutter.

got a set but never get them out as the ratchet cutters are so much better to use.

the waste ones are very good. They are great on rendering contracts if you need to extend a waste pipe and cant get to it inside. Just make a hole around the pipe and get your slice in, glue a coupler on, smack some mud in, job done.

Awesome idea, I'm going to be doing this a lot over the next few weeks, so will have to invest.

got a set but never get them out as the ratchet cutters are so much better to use.

Got to admit always used my 67mm ridged copper cutters and debured with a debur tool

tried the plastic cutter I did like them but the young lad that works with me loves umm

its probably what your more comfortable with

Well, I bought a set and have been using them for a while and I like them. They give a nice clean cut and to me are much easier to use than the shears which I just couldn't get right. They have a much lower 'entry level' to get a good result out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thinking of getting Rothenberger Plasticut, any thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock