Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic shower bar replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My brother in law has a thermostatic shower bar that will not maintain set temperature and the guy who fitted it about 12 months ago doesn’t want to know about it and will not come to repair it even though he is not trying to get it done for free. Are the fittings from the shower bar to wall standard sizes and a universal fit as this one has fitting centres of 150mm, and he has asked if I would fit him a new one in its place. There is no name or anything on the one fitted so a change of shower bar may seem the easiest. Any info would be appreciated.

Yep 150mm centres are standard

Something like a Mira or bristan

Reply to Thermostatic shower bar replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what model would I replace it with and how would I replace it if I changed the model! I would like to change the type of model to a lever one. I have...
Replies
Views
We are in a new build (2 years) and the bar shower value on-off bit is jammed. I want to replace it myself as can't afford a plumber. The old one is is Aqualisa and has on/off on right and temperature on the left. I have purchased a replacement bar shower valve with the on/off on left and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently noticed an issue with thermostatic shower that was determined to get sorted. The shower would drop (which got worse) and would not maintain temperature,due to water quality here and visible limescale in cartridges,decide to just replace entire shower for a nice new one. This...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock