Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat dropping after heat comes on...so what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Specifics: new boiler, old house thermostat (15 years), old heating system (baseboard pipes, came with the house).

My mother-in-law has a problem which I'm not sure is a problem. Specifically, the thermostat is supposed to keep the house above 60, but she has seen it as low as 55. Now, it is a big house with an inefficient heating system. the downstairs is pretty open plan, and the dining room ceiling has a huge, insulation-free hole in it that opens up into the roof cavity. My suspicion is that the boiler kicks on at 60, but by the time it has warmed up the water, the pipes, and the air to get to the thermostat's sensor, another 5 degrees has been lost -- this is when it's the middle of a January night in New York and it's 10 below freezing. But I'm no expert, and 5 degrees is a fair difference...does this seem plausible to you guys, or should I investigate further?

Specifically?

You need to register and repost to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat dropping after heat comes on...so what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock