Discuss thermocon 090/1210 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Walker

hi all got a problem with the above mentioned boiler. i normally only carry out service and commissioning work but have been called to a break down. boiler smoking excessively changed nozzle pump pressure ok air setting set at 5. now motor has stopped you can hear a clicking and then a humming but the motor does not start. so question i have is if the motor is failing could this be the cause of the excessive smoke due to not turning the fan at right speed to allow sufficient air to be pulled in.any help much appreciated i will try to up load a couple of videos if i can.
many thanks

[DLMURL]https://vimeo.com/156088488[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
don't expect any help here chief as Ive been registered for a couple of years (gas not oil). But I had no help at all with a recent problem that I had with an oil boiler

don't expect any help here chief as Ive been registered for a couple of years (gas not oil). But I had no help at all with a recent problem that I had with an oil boiler

Run that by me again?

Either the oil pump is seizing or there's mouse jam in the fan.

Check for mouse then run the motor with the oil pump disconnected.

i have checked the fan and thats fine whats got me is that it was smoking before it stoped. i have changed the nozzle as it had the wrong nozzle fitted but that made no diffrence to it smoking. any other ideas croppie please as i cant stick my fga in as it is at mo and im struggling

Check the airway route on each side of the fan. It would surprise you what can block the air and only takes a tiny bit of fibreglass insulation caused by mice to block the air adjustment internal door partially

Have you cleaned the primary heat exchanger and baffles thoroughly????

i have cheked the fan but will check again. i did clean the heat exchanger fully after which i looked like i had just come up from the pitts. could the motor slow the fan if on its way out say as it break downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermocon 090/1210 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock