Search the forum,

Discuss The dreaded Promax again , board ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys , anybody any ideas ?
Customers just rung with this one , 12ish year old Promax heat only , S plan.
Boilers just fires a few mins and turns off , fires , turns off etc etc , its doing it on HW & HTG .
The boilers not actually locking out so no resets yet.
To be honest I dont want to get involved but I am going tomorrow
Thanks in advance

Sounds like poor circulation, short cycling etc
They have a 3 min anti cycle feature.

It could be a few things. If they haven't had it serviced, offer to do it and test everything whilst you're at it.

Agree chaps , It did sound a bit like pump/circ problem to me but he says he had a pump fitted last winter and has since fallen out with the plumber .
But I also know how bad the boards are on these , but its not locking out and needing resetting so sort of cancels the boiler . I am going tomorrow , I will report back . Thanks so far

Agree chaps , It did sound a bit like pump/circ problem to me but he says he had a pump fitted last winter and has since fallen out with the plumber .
But I also know how bad the boards are on these , but its not locking out and needing resetting so sort of cancels the boiler . I am going tomorrow , I will report back . Thanks so far
That old chestnut a.. fallen out with plumber a... sound like a circulation issue. Make sure the. Pump isn’t backwards.

Did this get resolved town ?

Not 100 % yet pal , a new pump has improved it 99 % but it still does the on / off but nowhere near as much , pump was defo nact because 2 of the rooms never heated but are now . I am tempted to try a flow sensor ( no return sensor ) . When in the cylinder cupboard changing the pump I noticed cyl ex vessel was full and wanting to leave the wall lol , braded hose to it was stiffer than a copper pipe , so that lot needs changing . So the job continues lol .

Emergency boiler swap has come in tonight so thats shoved this week work in to next week . Lol

Emergency boiler swap has come in tonight so thats shoved this week work in to next week . Lol[/QUOTE]

Hate it when that happens. :mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The dreaded Promax again , board ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock