Search the forum,

Discuss The dreaded Promax again , board ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys , anybody any ideas ?
Customers just rung with this one , 12ish year old Promax heat only , S plan.
Boilers just fires a few mins and turns off , fires , turns off etc etc , its doing it on HW & HTG .
The boilers not actually locking out so no resets yet.
To be honest I dont want to get involved but I am going tomorrow
Thanks in advance

Sounds like poor circulation, short cycling etc
They have a 3 min anti cycle feature.

It could be a few things. If they haven't had it serviced, offer to do it and test everything whilst you're at it.

Agree chaps , It did sound a bit like pump/circ problem to me but he says he had a pump fitted last winter and has since fallen out with the plumber .
But I also know how bad the boards are on these , but its not locking out and needing resetting so sort of cancels the boiler . I am going tomorrow , I will report back . Thanks so far

Agree chaps , It did sound a bit like pump/circ problem to me but he says he had a pump fitted last winter and has since fallen out with the plumber .
But I also know how bad the boards are on these , but its not locking out and needing resetting so sort of cancels the boiler . I am going tomorrow , I will report back . Thanks so far
That old chestnut a.. fallen out with plumber a... sound like a circulation issue. Make sure the. Pump isn’t backwards.

Did this get resolved town ?

Not 100 % yet pal , a new pump has improved it 99 % but it still does the on / off but nowhere near as much , pump was defo nact because 2 of the rooms never heated but are now . I am tempted to try a flow sensor ( no return sensor ) . When in the cylinder cupboard changing the pump I noticed cyl ex vessel was full and wanting to leave the wall lol , braded hose to it was stiffer than a copper pipe , so that lot needs changing . So the job continues lol .

Emergency boiler swap has come in tonight so thats shoved this week work in to next week . Lol

Emergency boiler swap has come in tonight so thats shoved this week work in to next week . Lol[/QUOTE]

Hate it when that happens. :mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The dreaded Promax again , board ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop // Boiler fires but now the pressure runs up from 1.5 mark in the green up to 2.5 in the red then flicks off. // Error code again // Once held in reset for...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have tried the mixer tap/air lock trick about 10 times now and still not fixing. I have drained the HW tank a little so I can inspect the 22mm out pipe at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
W.B Greenstar 4000 installed. Heating not turned on yet as not cold enough here. But the boiler runs every day at 0933 (hear it fire and hear water in rads). Rad water runs for literally 3/4 seconds. Stops. Does it again a couple of seconds later. Then nothing until exactly at 0933 the next...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock