Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Testing hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If I check the pressure at a shower outlet on an unvented system should I see the value as set by the PRV (3 bar) on the cold water inlet group set or will the reduced pipe size to the shower head change the pressure ?
Other than removing the expansion vessel connection there is no other way to easily take a reading near the valve set.
Graham

If I check the pressure at a shower outlet on an unvented system should I see the value as set by the PRV (3 bar) on the cold water inlet group set or will the reduced pipe size to the shower head change the pressure ?

As long as there is no flow and the the shower outlet is at the same height as the PRV the diameter of the pipe linking the two won't affect your measurement of pressure.

The pressure you measure may be a bit higher than the PRV set-point because of the way expansion vessels work but if you draw a small amount of hot from a tap, just enough for the PRV to start passing to refill, the measurement should be okay.

Measuring the pressure at an outlet is okay but please remember, however, that any changes or adjustments to an unvented hot water system need to be made by a professional plumber qualified to work on unvented systems. This is often referred to as 'having a G3 ticket'. Do not mess with the expansion vessel connection, or any other parts, yourself.

Last edited:

Reply to Testing hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock