Discuss telford temp[est unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky

Hi all,

Recently came across one of the above fitted. System had been up and running for 3 weeks no leaks, all heat tested ran off a vaillant ecotec 624, all relevant safety controls in place. Called to a flooded house!! Turned off water searched for problem in airing cupboard where cylinder installed and could find no obvious reason. From damage was expecting to see a fitting blown off,-leak off hot side as heat had taken plaster off walls in places!!
Turned water back on to find leak and where the factory fitted immersion was fitted (this was not loose either) water wa pssing out!! Took out immersion to find a slight loop in seal which is only explanation i can think for leak. Can anyone understand how system can be working fine for 3 weeks and then this happening? Pressure in system caused loads of damage.

get the manufacturers out they usaully grteed for10,to 25 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to telford temp[est unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock