Discuss Tax Return, The Pressure is ON in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have been meaning to submit my Tax Returns but just kept postponding it. So yesterday when I got back home, I decided to go through with the submission and payment. BUT I CANNOT FIND MY GATEWAY ID & PASSWORD????
I know exactly where I always leave it, but now there is no trace of it? There is no way I can now get these information by post and meet the 31st deadline. Idiot is an understatement.
I am going to take the day off and turn out every cupboard, drawer, etc. I will go through every single sheet of paper in every file till I locate it. This is not good. Should've submitted (or attempted to submit) earlier. That way this problem would have been averted. I can already see the fines and penalties building up. What a plunker

Apply for a new one and go to work. What you earn will more than cover the fine.

What you should do is give up work, pay no tax, pay no council tax, get the rent paid for you, get a free car, plasma tvs in every room and sit on your arris all day every day telling everyone how hard you've got it.
yes I've had a bad day.

What you should do is give up work, pay no tax, pay no council tax, get the rent paid for you, get a free car, plasma tvs in every room and sit on your arris all day every day telling everyone how hard you've got it.
yes I've had a bad day.

Doing HA work again Adam?

Doing HA work again Adam?

Yes. And today's fat slob decided that she didn't want her boiler changed if she's not getting new radiators too. All the way to Frome for begger all. Such ungrateful people it's like another world.

Yes. And today's fat slob decided that she didn't want her boiler changed if she's not getting new radiators too. All the way to Frome for begger all. Such ungrateful people it's like another world.

Just as well Village Idiot is rushing to pay his tax then - slobs don't feed and house themselves you know!

(see what I did there?)

Sounds like a typical Fromemite to me, remember I lived there for 2 and a bit years, couldn`t get out fast enough.

Sounds like a typical Fromemite to me, remember I lived there for 2 and a bit years, couldn`t get out fast enough.

Theres absolutely nothing there. It's like the back end of beyond!

Theres absolutely nothing there. It's like the back end of beyond!

Only the river and the rugby club. But there is one of the smallest pubs I`ve ever been in 30 minutes up the road, only sell`s cider though so no good for you mate. Sits around 10 people. lol

Mine was a grueler doing mine , I had to drive to accountants 20 minutes away drink a coffee listen to her go through it all sign it then drive all way back , needed a lay down afterwards I can tel ya

I must be really sad, my end of year is April. All accounts are completed by July and all taxes paid, when I sit on the beach in the summer I know I can afford to.

Just before every end of vat quarter I pay every account I owe, Ocd ???? Or just I hate owing money ?

I hate January, all that money in my deposit account goes whistling out to HMRC :(

Have been meaning to submit my Tax Returns but just kept postponding it. So yesterday when I got back home, I decided to go through with the submission and payment. BUT I CANNOT FIND MY GATEWAY ID & PASSWORD????
I know exactly where I always leave it, but now there is no trace of it? There is no way I can now get these information by post and meet the 31st deadline. Idiot is an understatement.
I am going to take the day off and turn out every cupboard, drawer, etc. I will go through every single sheet of paper in every file till I locate it. This is not good. Should've submitted (or attempted to submit) earlier. That way this problem would have been averted. I can already see the fines and penalties building up. What a plunker

Too late I imagine for the tax return, but Lastpass

https://lastpass.com/

remembers all your passwords if you give it access. Means I don't have to worry about things like government gateway as they're saved. You have one password to get into your Lastpass account and it will remember your passwords for anything. Free on browsers ( firefox, chrome etc) I held out for a few years as I didn't want to pay but I now have the premium subscription (ÂŁ6) so I can access it on my iphone.

Hope you got your return in OK. Just battled with mine for the day.

Cheers Jon

Too late I imagine for the tax return, but Lastpass

https://lastpass.com/

remembers all your passwords if you give it access. Means I don't have to worry about things like government gateway as they're saved. You have one password to get into your Lastpass account and it will remember your passwords for anything. Free on browsers ( firefox, chrome etc) I held out for a few years as I didn't want to pay but I now have the premium subscription (ÂŁ6) so I can access it on my iphone.

Hope you got your return in OK. Just battled with mine for the day.

Cheers Jon

Bugger that... If that place got hacked you just gave away all your log in & passwords to every online account you own!

Good point and I may well get fd for it but it's more secure than my browser remembering my passwords, especially if they're based on words. Or me making them easy to remember by making them word based and therefore easy to guess. I trust them to a point as I have used them for years and until recently avoided paying the minimal amount of money they wanted to provide their service. What they offer me now is a good service that certainly makes my life easier.
As far as I can tell if someone capable (including the security forces) wanted to they could hack most things. Lastpass is encrypted and the key is theoretically only available to me but I am not going to try to say that is infallible as any relationship like this is built on trust.

https://lastpass.com/how-it-works

Bugger that... If that place got hacked you just gave away all your log in & passwords to every online account you own!

LastPass is brilliant, all passwords are held on your hard drive and encrypted using your master password so you dont have to worry about them being hacked.
Without LastPass (or similiar) you will end up using duplicate passwords which has a much greater risk of problems.

Our IT manager reckons that its safer to write down all your passwords on a piece of paper and pin it to the wall above your computer, than it is to trust it to any online system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tax Return, The Pressure is ON in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock