Discuss Tavistock micra soft close toilet seat - how to tighten screws? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vanillaspice

We have the above toilet seat, product code TATS100WSC, which now needs tightening as it is slipping from side to side.
There doesn't seem to be any way to tighten the seat and we do not have the instructions. There are two silver bars that hold the seat in place with screws and we have taken the screws out but cannot find a way to sort the problem out.

Is anyone familiar with this seat that could help?

Many thanks.

If I remember right, on the Micra you take out the small grub screws at the front of the metal brackets and then the whole seat should slide forward revealing the fixing screws within. you can then tighten these up but beware, because the screws are a kind of toggle fixing and they can come out of the pan if they aren't fitted correctly.

We have the same loo seat and yes, the whole seat should slide forward so that you can adjust the fixing screws underneath. HOWEVER, I cannot get ours to slide forward (we are experiencing the same loose seat problem). If anyone has any ideas on how to get the slidy bits to slide again I would be very grateful! I've sprayed some WD40 in and around the fixing but no joy. It's starting to look like we're going to have a loose seat forever!!!!

Did anyone work out how to solve this? I have a similar toilet seat - it doesn't have a grub screw at the front, but it also appears to slide forward to provide access to the tightening screws on the pan.
Unfortunately the two parts of the hinge don't want to separate and it doesn't seem like you can get anything in between them to loosen them up.

Old post I know, but this is all I found on this problem and wanted to update it in case it helps someone else.

There's no solution except force. I have the original type described above with the grub screws. Once you've got those off if it don't move you have to force it. If you break the seat then sadly you'll need a new one. However mine managed to hold out and did eventually move forwards. I have now managed to clean it up and tighten the screws. WD40 certainly helped but it was force that won the day. It was clear the problem was limescale had got in and ceased the mechanism. I hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tavistock micra soft close toilet seat - how to tighten screws? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a...
Replies
Views
Just moved into a new place and the toilet seat is super loose. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to tighten this toilet seat. I did...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is...
Replies
Views
Hi - Not quite sure how this forum works so this query is intended for all members - I have attached photos of a 'RAK Ella' soft close toilet seat...
Replies
Views
Hello - I have a loose toilet seat but no obvious ways to tighten it. I have looked all over the Internet and I have tried various things that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock