Discuss taking mobile credit card/debit card payments..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
evening everyone.....i'm thinkin of setting up something for customers to pay via their credit card/debit card.....ive read through other posts on this on the forum but they are quite old and wondered if anybody has done this recently and what sort of deals you have?? and do i have to do to get it set up???
any advice/help is welcome.

You can get a paypal app for smart phone, not ure of costs though

handepay , was a visitor to my bni group last year i think you can get it cheaper depends on usage i think. ill pm you some detials out sure theyll be someone down your way

handepay , was a visitor to my bni group last year i think you can get it cheaper depends on usage i think. ill pm you some detials out sure theyll be someone down your way

cheers mate...thanks.

I'd appreciate a copy of the PM if it's available please. It's weird as i have spent the last hour trying to suss out the best way to go about this!

I would say paypal is a very expensive way of doing it. Streamline charge about ÂŁ25 a month plus ÂŁ250 set up cost, i've been looking into the smartphone app's but some of them require you to manually enter details into phone, card number and security code etc and others have a little swipe device that clip into the iphone. Not sure if some customers would be comfortable with either of these and not sure I would either, last thing you want is someone accusing you of being involved in some kind of fraud.

There seem to be a lot of supplies of the mobile card reader but many of them don't list the prices online.

Last edited:
got a mate who uses one cheaper , we were ona bout them today ill post details up when i get them off him

nar your ok mate dont worry about it that werent why i was doing it

get you the one my mate uses first just waiting on him to text back

Paypal.

To cover the charges, charge an extra 2.5% surcharge on card payments. All the major stores, restaurants and retailers do this. Tell your customer first about this and include it on your terms and conditions of sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
i presume you just give your customer your paypal address to make the payment to?? or do you use an app for your phone??
Set up a Paypal business account. They have online invoice templates that you can alter to your own needs. To get paid, get your customers email addy and send them an invoice. They pay you regardless if it's a credit or debit card or money transfer. If something goes wrong, you can have Paypal investigate it by opening a dispute and get your money for you.
At least with Paypal you're not stuck paying the monthly rental on a card machine which you might only need once in a blue moon.
Charge 2.5% as I have posted above to cover Paypal's fees. Costs you next to nowt and works really well.

i prefer card , paid straight away there and then.

can see people saying o i didnt get the email/invoice my internets down

etc

Mine is with cardsave.
Costs me ÂŁ27.50 a month. No minimum monthly transactions etc. No fees on debit cards and 1% on credit cards.
Used to have the paypal app thingy, but people were quite hesitant about paying with it for some reason.

graham

ive got mine with cardsave, get loads of heating jobs paying on credit cards

Had one a few years back, was ok , but not used enough when I moved to the South West, to warrant rent'l charge on machine so give it up,

Mine is with Streamline and costs me - ÂŁ50 a month. Boy am I pleased I signed a 3 year contract - not.

You are seriously paying a tenner a month?

Is your cardmachine mobile (with a sim card) so you can trully use it out and about?

Mine is,with an Orange SIM. I'm clearly getting ripped off right?

got a mate who uses one cheaper , we were ona bout them today ill post details up when i get them off him

Did you manage to get those details off yer mate bod???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yes and no , hes txt me the guys number theres loads of different structures

eg 40 a month no other fees etc

am seeing him thursday

yes and no , hes txt me the guys number theres loads of different structures

eg 40 a month no other fees etc

am seeing him thursday

Ok mate.....out of all the ones ive looked at so far your one sounds the best i think.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

by all accounts the guys selective who he gives machines to , weird i think id of thought he were on commission , ill pm you number later hes based in wetherby

For my ÂŁ50 a month I still have to pay percentage fees on every transaction. Not only am I having my trousers pulled down, I'm getting my backside wacked to boot.

:)

I hardly use it too which is the final insult. Everyone is set up for BACS these days, and that's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to taking mobile credit card/debit card payments..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My account is very active and sent me this, might be helpful to some? Self-employment Income Support Scheme If you are self-employed or a member...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
Dodgi custards beware!! Ha I wish!- Seriously tho' is there an update on the type of mobile card payment methods. I can't see much change to the...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock