Search the forum,

Discuss On the go card payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Dodgi custards beware!! Ha I wish!- Seriously tho' is there an update on the type of mobile card payment methods. I can't see much change to the paying a percentage and getting mobile card reader- but my question is does it work? Technically things tend to be more complicated than you think. I tried the Worldpay but coudn't get past the set up, then I tried Go-cardles and that was a headache!
So do you guys use this or is at all cash/ chec/ online?
I need to sort this bit out really .... any advice really appreciated- maybe we should have a business advice section ? :rolleyes:

I’m in the same position mate. Looking for something simple without it costing the Earth. I do not have anything to contribute but looking forward to seeing what others have to say.

A lot depends on how often you are going to use one sometimes even your location, Bank transfer is best it can be done wile your with customer, may be think about jobs under a certain limit as cash only, due to banks charging for cheques !

A lot depends on how often you are going to use one sometimes even your location, Bank transfer is best it can be done wile your with customer, may be think about jobs under a certain limit as cash only, due to banks charging for cheques !
Yes, I only need to use it probably once or twice a month, ( all other payments BTransf, after I invoice them by email-) so I don't want to pay £10 a month, plus 1.6* per transaction- seems crazy?
When you say bank transfer- how do you do it on the doorstep?
I'm often in a rush or knackered at the end of a job and if things aren't clear cut, as to the cost- sometimes I need time to eat/ think/ calculate all the materials, and then get back to custard.
The thing with on the doorstep- you rely on mobile/ internet connection and can't that be dodgi too?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to On the go card payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock